|Indiana Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Online Resources[edit | edit source]
- United States, Cemetery Abstracts at FamilySearch — index
- Web: Indiana and Michigan, Michiana Genealogical Cemetery Index, 1800-2010 ($)
- Indiana Cemetery Records at Interment.net.
- BillionGraves Indiana Cemeteries.
- BillionGraves Index
- Cemetery Junction Indiana by D'Addezio.
- Surname index to Roster of soldiers and patriots of the American Revolution buried in Indiana, vol. I & II ($)
- African American Cemeteries Online
- Indiana Cemetery Records
- Indiana, Ripley County, Osgood, Greendale Cemetery Records, 1861-2007 — index and images
- Indiana, Bartholomew, Columbus, Garland Brook Cemetery Interment Records, ca.1885-ca.2000 — index
The following have significant cemetery listings for Indiana State:
| Sites may be incomplete.
• They may not list all cemeteries in a county
• and may not include all burials in a cemetery.
- Findagrave.com Search for names Enter at least a last name then click Search. Can narrow by first names or dates.
- This site frequently has tombstone images
- List of cemeteries statewide for cemeteries in their database
- Go to Find A Grave Home page, click Search for a cemetery, select the state (Indiana), then select from the county list, and press Search.
- Click on the number below Interments for a cemetery to access names. Click Records arrow to scroll through to the end.
- Web: Indiana, Find A Grave Index, 1800-2012 at Ancestry.com ($) .
- Interment (Indiana) This page is part of a larger site that deals with cemetery records. It includes transcriptions of many cemeteries, organized by state, then by county.
- Cemetery Junction (Indiana) A D'Addezio site that lists cemeteries alphabetically. Some county links may be broken.
- Indiana Death Records and Indexes This Online site includes cemetery records.
The Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) collection contains tombstone inscriptions from many counties. This collection is described in Indiana, United States Genealogy.
The records of some local cemeteries have been abstracted, and the inscriptions have been published in:
- Cemetery Records of Indiana. Six volumes. Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1954–1964. (Family History Library book 977.2 V39c; film 873781). Several of these volumes include cemetery inscriptions from Marion County and include cemeteries of several other counties.
- Indiana State Library. Genealogy Division. Cemetery Locator File. Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1980. (Family History Library films 1292061–63 and 1292094). The cards are in alphabetical order by cemetery, with abandoned or unnamed cemeteries listed at the end.
- Carty, Mickey Dimon. Searching in Indiana: A Reference Guide to Public and Private Records. Costa Mesa, California: ISC Pub., 1985. Family History Library book 977.2 D23c. This book lists each county’s cemeteries and their locations.
- The Indiana State Archives, Commission on Public Records, also has a Veterans Grave Registration File. This is a partial index to graves of veterans buried in Indiana who served from the Revolutionary War through World War I. It covers 51 of the 92 counties and is only available on microfilms at the Indiana State Archives. These microfilms do not circulate.
- Several sources with information on burials of Revolutionary War veterans are listed in United States Military Records and U.S. Military Collections.