India, Jharkhand, B. Deoghar, Singh Darwaja, Pandit Dharam Rakshni Sabha, Marriage Records, (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|Access the Records|
India, Jharkhand, B. Deoghar, Singh Darwaja, Pandit Dharam Rakshni Sabha, Marriage Records, 1958-2013
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Bihar, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh & West Bengal, India|
|Flag of the Republic of India|
|Location of Bihar, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh & West Bengal, India|
|Title in the Language:||India, Jharkhand, B. Deoghar, Singh Darwaja, Pandit Dharam Rakshni Sabha, 1958-2013|
|Pandit Dharam Rakshni Sabha in Singh Darwaga, Deoghar, Jharkhand|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 4 What Do I Do Next?
- 5 Citing This Collection
- 6 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?
This collection contains marriage records kept by the Pandit Dharam Rakshni Sabha in Singh Darwaga, Deoghar, Jharkhand, India. The records include many places throughout Bihar, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, and West Bengal. This collection will include records from 1958-2013.
Whenever possible, FamilySearch makes images available for all users. However, ultimate rights to view images on our website are granted by the record custodians. The India, Jharkhand, B. Deoghar, Singh Darwaja, Pandit Dharam Rakshni Sabha, Marriage Records, 1958-2013 collection is available to the Family History Library, a FamilySearch Center near you, and to members of the the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Images will be added to the collection as they become available.
Reading These Records
These records are written in Hindi. For help with reading the records see the following:
To Browse This Collection
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for India, Jharkhand, B. Deoghar, Singh Darwaja, Pandit Dharam Rakshni Sabha, Marriage Records, 1958-2013.|
What Can These Records Tell Me?
The following information may be found in these records:
- Date of Marriage
- Full Names of Bride and Groom
- Age of the couple
- Father's Name and Surname
- Whether Marriage was by Banns or License
- Signatures of the Parties
- Signatures of two or more Witnesses present
- Name of Officiator
- Locality of the Church
How Do I Search This Collection?
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- Name of the person
- Approximate date of the marriage
- Family relationship
View the Images
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page
- Select Volume number, certificate number range (year range) to view the images
This guide is archived, but it may help with using the information from these records and doing Hindu research: Tracing your Asian Roots on the Indian Subcontinent
|More images are available in the FamilySearch Catalog at India, Jharkhand, B. Deoghar, Singh Darwaja, Pandit Dharam Rakshni Sabha, Marriage Records, 1958-2013. Click on camera icon to see images.|
How Do I Analyze the Results?
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?
- Use the information to find more. For instance, use the age listed in the record to estimate a year of birth, if that is yet undetermined
- Use the birth date or age along with the place of birth of each spouse to find a couple's birth records and parents' names
- Compile the marriage entries for every person who has the same surname as the bride or groom; this is especially helpful in rural areas or if the surname is unusual
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?
- When looking for an individual with a common name, look at all the search results before deciding which is the correct person. Use other information, such as place of birth, age, occupation, or names of parents, to help with this decision
- Try variations of given names and surnames. A person might have been listed under a middle name, nickname, or abbreviation of their given name
- Vary the search terms. For example, expand the date range or search by either the given name or surname to return a broader list search results
Citing This Collection
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
- Collection Citation
- "India, Jharkhand, B. Deoghar, Singh Darwaja, Pandit Dharam Rakshni Sabha, Marriage Records, 1958-2013." Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : 14 June 2016. Dharam Rakshni Sabha, Deoghar, Jharkhand.
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.