Illinois, Tazewell County, Obituary Card Index from the Pekin Times - FamilySearch Historical Records
|Access the Records|
Illinois, Tazewell County, Obituary Card Index from the "Pekin Times", 1914-2007
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Tazewell, Illinois, United States|
|Flag of Illinois|
|Location of Tazewell County, Illinois|
|Location of Illinois|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
- 7 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?[edit | edit source]
The collection consists of an obituary card index at the Pekin Public Library. It covers the years from 1914 to 2007.
To Browse This Collection[edit | edit source]
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Illinois, Tazewell County, Obituary Card Index from the "Pekin Times", 1914-2007.|
What Can These Records Tell Me?[edit | edit source]
The following information may be found in these records:
- Full name of deceased
- Date of birth
- Date of death
- Date of burial
- Place of burial
Collection Content[edit | edit source]
Sample Image[edit | edit source]
How Do I Search This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- The name of your ancestor
- The approximate date of death for your ancestor
- The last known residence of your ancestor
Search the Index[edit | edit source]Search by name by visiting the Collection Details Page.
- Fill in the search boxes in the Search Collection section with the information you know
- Click Search to show possible matches
View the Images[edit | edit source]
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page:
- Select the Surname Range to view the images
|More images are available in the FamilySearch Catalog at Illinois, Tazewell County, Obituary Card Index from "Pekin Times", 1914-2007. Click on camera icon to see images.|
How Do I Analyze the Results?[edit | edit source]
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
When you have located your ancestor’s obituary record, carefully evaluate each piece of information about them. These pieces of information may give you new biographical details that can lead you to other records about your ancestors.
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Search for the death certificate
- Use the birth date or year to search for birth records
- The name of the undertaker or mortuary could lead you to funeral and cemetery records, which often include the names and residences of other family members
- Compile the entries for every person who has the same surname; this is especially helpful in rural areas or if the surname is unusual
- Continue to search the records to identify children, siblings, parents, and other relatives of the deceased who may have been buried in the same cemetery or nearby. This can help you identify other generations of your family. Repeat this process for each new generation you identify
I Can't Find the Person I'm Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Look for variant spellings of the names. You should also look for alias names, nicknames and abbreviated names
- Search the indexes and records of nearby cemeteries
Research Helps[edit | edit source]
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in the state of Illinois.
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at a record, the citation is found below the record.
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?[edit | edit source]
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.