Identify What You Know
From FamilySearch Wiki
Step 1. Identify What You Know
Build your ancestor's identity.
Step 1: Identify What You Know.
Start by reviewing what information you already know. Record that information on appropriate forms and keep your records organized.
By the end of step one you should have:
- Facts and information recorded on family group records, pedigree charts and, if desired, in personal and family history notes.
- Organized copies of documents and family memorabilia.
Table of Contents for Step 1. Identify What You Know
- 1.1 Computer Programs for Generating Forms
- 1.2 Family Group Record
- 1.3 Pedigree Chart
- 1.4 Prepare a Research Log
- 1.5 Suggestions for Recording Information
- 3.1 Family Records
- 3.2 Family Traditions
- 3.3 Family Memorabilia
- 3.4 How to Gather Family Information
- 3.5 Requesting Additional Information from Your Family