Idaho Marriages (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|Access the Records|
Idaho Marriages, 1878-1898; 1903-1942
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Idaho, United States|
|Flag of Idaho|
|Location of Idaho|
|Record Type||Marriage Index|
|Genealogical Society of Utah, Salt Lake City.|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
- 7 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?
This index is an electronic index for the years 1878 to 1898 and 1903 to 1942. This index is not complete for any particular place, region or time period. This collection may include information previously published in the International Genealogical Index.
What Can These Records Tell Me?
The following information may be found in these records:
- Name of spouse
- Event date
- Event place
- Parents' names
The coverage table shows the places and time periods of the original records in this collection. The table indicates how many records the collection has from each place. Most of the records in the collection are from the time periods listed in the table; however, the collection may have a few records from before or after the time period.
|Locality||Births and Christenings, 1856-1965||Marriages, 1878-1898; 1903-1942||Deaths and Burials, 1907-1965|
To see a coverage map of FamilySearch's holdings of Idaho marriages, click help.
How Do I Search This Collection?
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- The name of the bride or groom
- The date and place of marriage
Search the Index
How Do I Analyze the Results?
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?
- Use the information found in the record to find the family in census records
- Search other vital records, such as birth and death
- Search for church records
- Search the land and probate records
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?
- If your ancestor does not have a common name, collect entries for every person who has the same surname. This list can help you find possible relatives
- If you cannot locate your ancestor in the locality in which you believe they lived, then try searching a nearby locality
- Try different spellings of your ancestor’s name
- Remember that sometimes individuals went by nicknames or alternated between using first and middle names
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in the state of Idaho.
Citing This Collection
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
- Collection Citation
- "Idaho Marriages, 1878-1898; 1903-1942" Database. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : 14 June 2016. Index based upon data collected by the Genealogical Society of Utah, Salt Lake City.
When looking at a record, the citation is found below the record.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.