Idaho, United States Genealogy
|Idaho Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Guide to Idaho ancestry, family history, and genealogy birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
Idaho became the forty-third state admitted to the United States on July 3, 1890. Idaho was created from Idaho Territory and is located in the northwestern region of the United States. Idaho began as part of Oregon Territory. The counties in the panhandle became part of the Washington Territory in 1853. The capital is Boise and there are 44 counties in Idaho. 
Getting Started with Idaho Research
Links to articles on getting started with Idaho research.
Idaho Research Tools
Links to articles and websites that assist in Idaho research.
Idaho Clickable Map
Many genealogy records are kept on the county level in the United States. Click on a county below to go to the county Wiki article listing more information.
Extinct or Renamed Counties:
Idaho Migration Routes
Below are FamilySearch resources that can assist you in researching your family.
- Facebook Communities - Facebook groups discussing genealogy research
- Learning Center - Online genealogy courses
- Historical Records - databases and record images on FamilySearch
- Family History Center locator map
- 2001-2014 - Currentobituary.com index, 2001-2014 at FamilySearch — index
- Cyndi's List - Idaho genealogy sites on the internet
- Idaho Genealogy Trails - collection of transcribed data for the state of Idaho
- Access Genealogy – Genealogy guide for Idaho
- Ancestorhunt.com - resources for Idaho genealogy research
- Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness - Guide to Ancestry and Family Tree Records for Idaho
- Idaho Research Outline – Original Family History Library research outline; contains many out of date links
- Every Name Index
- The Idaho Genealogical Society - Research helps for Idaho genealogy
- Wikipedia contributors, "Idaho " in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idaho (accessed 15 March 2016).
- The Evolution of Washington Counties by Newton Carl Abbott, Fred E. Carver, 1979. Published by the Yakima Valley Genealogical Society and Klickitat County Genealogical Society.
- Wikipedia contributors, "List of US States by Date of Admission," in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_date_of_admission_to_the_Union, accessed 1 Nov 2016.