Idaho Falls Idaho FamilySearch Library
Note that we are currently using a more interactive website above. Our class schedules, tutorials, downloads, and such are all located on that website above.
Library Location & Contacts
- 750 West Elva Street, Idaho Falls, Idaho 83402 United States
- There is ample parking on the street around the Library plus a small parking lot northeast of the building.
- The Library's entrance is on the south side of the building, facing Elva Street.
- Location Map
- Monday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Tuesday: 9:00am - 8:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:00am - 8:00pm
- Thursday: 9:00am - 8:00pm
- Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Saturday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
2019 Holiday Schedule:
January 1 - Closed for New Years
April 6 - General Conference
May 25-27 - Closed for Memorial Day Weekend
June 24 - July 7 - Closed for Maintenance
September 2 - Closed for Labor Day
October 31 - Closed at 3PM
November 27 - 30 - Closed for Thanksgiving
December 16 - 31 - Closed for Christmas Break
January 1, 2020 - Closed for New Yearsrs
We serve all of Bonneville, Butte, Lemhi Counties, and part of Bingham County. We have Church Service Missionaries and numerous volunteers to help you with your family history.
Calendars of Class Schedule
Click on the link below to view our upcoming scheduled classes.
- 24 networked computer workstations with a data/video projector in the main classroom.
- 16 networked computer workstations with a data/video projector in a second classroom (recently added) Bell Room
- 27 networked computer workstations on the main floor with printing capabilities
- Fiber-optic internet access at worktables (WiFi available)
- 2 microfilm readers
- 1 microfiche readers
- 2 flatbed scanners
- 2 slide and negative scanners
- 2 fast photo/document scanners
- 3 3.5" Floppy Disk to help you transfer old files to a new USB flash drive
- 1 ScanPro microfilm/microfiche scanners with printing capabilities and ability to save images to USB Drive
- 1 copy machine (color and black/white) which includes scanning capabilities. (The cost for single sided black and white copies is 10 cents and for color is 25 cents)
- 2 black & while network printers (Cost is 5 cents for single side, 10 cents for double sides)
- A lunch room for patrons (because we love you)
Collections and Film/Fiche ordering
- We have over 14,000 rolls of microfilm and over 16,000 sets of microfiche.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Eastern Idaho Obituary Collection;
- We maintain the Eastern Idaho Death Records Index which is hosted by BYU Idaho. This is an index of deaths in eastern Idaho and surrounding area from the early 1900s to the present.
- We have obituaries for individuals that died in this southeast Idaho region available locally on our library computers.
Staff Research Specialists
By Appointment Only We have many dedicated and knowledgeable missionaries and volunteers to assist in helping you to find your people. The FSL also teaches classes on doing research in many of these areas.
Danish * Dutch * English * French * German * Germans from Russia * Italian * Latin * Native American * Norwegian * Russian * Scandinavian * Spanish * Swedish
Links to useful and fun sites.
FamilySearch's Research Wiki
Get research advice, or learn where to find record collections in our 76,956 articles. In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|