Idaho, Gooding County Records - FamilySearch Historical Records
|Access the Records|
Idaho, Gooding County Records, 1879-1962
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Gooding, Idaho, |
|Flag of Idaho|
|Location of Gooding County, Idaho|
|Location of Idaho|
|Record Type||District Court|
|Gooding County Courthouse, Gooding, Idaho|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
What is in This Collection?[edit | edit source]
The collection consists of records from the Clerk of the District Court in Gooding. This collection is being published as images become available. The records cover the years 1879 to 1962.
For a list of records by document type and dates currently published in this collection, select the Browse.
Image Visibility[edit | edit source]
Whenever possible FamilySearch makes images and indexes available for all users. However, rights to view these data are limited by contract and subject to change. Because of this there may be limitations on where and how images and indexes are available or who can see them. Please be aware some collections consist only of partial information indexed from the records and do not contain any images. For additional information about image restrictions see Restrictions for Viewing Images in FamilySearch Historical Record Collections.
To Browse This Collection[edit | edit source]
|You can browse through images in this collection using the waypoints on the Collection Browse Page for Idaho, Gooding County Records, 1879-1962.|
What Can These Records Tell Me?[edit | edit source]
The following information may be found in these records:
- Name of primary persons
- Names of heirs, such as spouse, children, other relatives, or friends
- Names of the executor, administrator, or guardian
- Names of witnesses
- Dates the documents were written and recorded (used to approximate event dates since a will was usually written near the time of death)
- Description and value of property or land
Collection Content[edit | edit source]
Sample Images[edit | edit source]
Coverage Table[edit | edit source]
The coverage table shows the places and time periods covered in the records for this collection. Most of the records in the collection are from the time periods listed in the table; however, the collection may have a few records from before or after the time period.
|(Type of record)||(Collection Types)||(Years)|
|Land and Property Records||Deed Records||1879-1927|
|Index to Deeds||1884-1978|
|Sheriff's Deed Records||1917-1920|
|State Patent Homestead records||1915-1942|
|US Patent Homestead Records||1884-1960|
|Military Records||US Discharge Records||1916-1960|
|Naturalization Records||Naturalization Papers/Coroner Inquests||1913-1941|
|Pension Records||Old Age Pensions vol 1||1932-1934|
|Probate Records||Estate Files||1899-1945|
|School Records||School Census||1921-1946|
|Vital Records||Marriage Affidavits||1913-1962|
How Do I Search This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- The name of the person
- The location or date of the event
Search the Index[edit | edit source]Search by name on the Collection Details Page.
- Fill in the search boxes in the Search Collection section with the information you know
- Click Search to show possible matches
View the Images[edit | edit source]
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page:
- Select the Record Category
- Select the Record Type, Record Description, and Year Range to view the images
How Do I Analyze the Results?[edit | edit source]
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Add any new information to your records
- Use the information found in the record to find the family in census records
- Search for vital records, such as birth, marriage, and death
- Search for church records
- If applicable, search for naturalization records
- Search for death or burial information in BillionGraves Index
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- If your ancestor does not have a common name, collect entries for every person who has the same surname. This list can help you find possible relatives
- If you cannot locate your ancestor in the locality in which you believe they lived, then try searching a nearby locality
- Try different spellings of your ancestor’s name
- Remember that sometimes individuals went by nicknames or alternated between using first and middle names
Research Helps[edit | edit source]
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in the state of Idaho.
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at a record, the citation can be viewed by clicking the drop-down arrow next to Document Information.
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.