Idaho, County Birth and Death Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|Access the Records|
Idaho, County Birth and Death Records, 1883-1929
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Idaho, United States|
|Flag of Idaho|
|Location of Idaho|
|Record Type||Birth and Death Records|
|Various County Courthouses, Idaho|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
- 7 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?
This collection consists of a database and images of county birth and death registers for the following counties (coverage varies between counties) for the years 1883 to 1929:
To Browse This Collection
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Idaho, County Birth and Death Records, 1883-1929.|
What Can These Records Tell Me?
The following information may be found in these records:
Coverage Map and Tables
How Do I Search This Collection?
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- The name of the person
- The approximate date of the birth or death
Search the Index
View the Images
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page:
- Select the County
- Select the Record Type, Date Range and Volume to view the images
|More images are available in the FamilySearch Catalog at Idaho, County Birth and Death Records, 1883-1929. Some catalog records link to multiple references. In this case, click on a reference to find a camera icon to see images.|
How Do I Analyze the Results?
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?
- Use the information found in the record to find the family in census record
- Search for vital records, such as birth, marriage, and death
- Search for death or burial information in BillionGraves Index
- If applicable, search for immigration and naturalization records as well
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?
- If your ancestor does not have a common name, collect entries for every person who has the same surname. This list can help you find possible relatives
- If you cannot locate your ancestor in the locality in which you believe they lived, then try searching a nearby locality
- Try different spellings of your ancestor’s name
- Remember that sometimes individuals went by nicknames or alternated between using first and middle names
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in the state of Idaho.
Citing This Collection
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
- Collection Citation
- "Idaho, County Birth and Death Records, 1883-1929."Database with images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : 14 June 2016. County Courthouses, Idaho.
When looking at a record, the citation is found below the record.
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.