Idaho, Cassia County Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|Access the Records|
Idaho, Cassia County Records, 1879-1989 .
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Cassia, Idaho, United States|
|Flag of Idaho|
|Location of Cassia, Idaho|
|Location of Idaho|
|Record Type||County Records|
|Cassia County Clerk's Office, Burley|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Known Issues with This Collection
- 7 Citing this Collection
- 8 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?
The collection consists of county records for the years 1879 to 1989 from the county courthouse in Burley. It includes the following types of records:
- Soldier discharge papers
- School census
- Mining records
- Coroner's reports
- Mother's pensions
To Browse This Collection
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Idaho, Cassia County Records, 1879-1989.|
What Can These Records Tell Me
The record content varies by record type. It may include any of the following pieces of information:
- Name of primary individual
- Event date and place
- Age, gender, residence and occupation of individual
- Names of parents
- Biographical information about parents such as date and place of birth
- Names of heirs, such as spouse, children, other relatives
- Names of the executor, administrator, or guardian
- Names of witnesses
- Description and value of property or land
To see a coverage map of FamilySearch's holdings of Idaho marriages, click here.
How Do I Search This Collection?
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- The name of the person
- The date of the event
View the Images
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page:
- Select the Record Category
- Select the Record Type, Volume, and Year Range which takes you to the images.
How Do I Analyze the Results?
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images.
|More images are available in the FamilySearch Catalog at Idaho, Cassia County Records, 1879-1989. Some catalog records link to multiple digital image records. In this case, click on a digital image record to find a camera icon to see images.|
What Do I Do Next?
If these are indexes, the original records may contain additional information than was not indexed, or the information might have been indexed incorrectly. You may want to search for the original record at the Idaho Court Records.
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?
- In case you need to find this record again later, copy the citation below in the Citing This Collection section.
- Use the information found in the record to find additional family members in the United States Census Records. Search the state censuses as well.
- Search for death or burial information in BillionGraves Index.
- If applicable, search for immigration and naturalization records as well.
- Repeat this process with additional family members found, to find more generations of the family.
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?
- If your ancestor does not have a common name, collect entries for every person who has the same surname. This list can help you find possible relatives.
- If you cannot locate your ancestor in the locality in which you believe they lived, then try searching a nearby locality.
- Try different spellings of your ancestor’s name.
- Remember that sometimes individuals went by nicknames or alternated between using first and middle names. Try searching for these names as well.
Known Issues with This Collection
| Problems with this collection?|
See a list of known issues, workarounds, tips, restrictions, future fixes, news and other helpful information.
For a full list of all known issues associated with this collection see the attached article. If you encounter additional problems, please email them to email@example.com. Please include the full path to the link and a description of the problem in your e-mail. Your assistance will help ensure that future reworks will be considered.
Citing this Collection
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
- Collection Citation
"Idaho, Cassia County Records, 1879-1989." Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2017. Cassia County Clerk's Office, Burley.
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.