Idaho, Cassia County Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|Access the Records|
Idaho, Cassia County Records, 1879-1989
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Cassia, Idaho, United States|
|Flag of Idaho|
|Location of Cassia County, Idaho|
|Location of Idaho|
|Record Type||County Records|
|Cassia County Clerk's Office, Burley, Idaho|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing this Collection
- 7 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?
The collection consists of county records for the years 1879 to 1989 from the county courthouse in Burley. It includes the following types of records:
- Soldier discharge papers
- School census
- Mining records
- Coroner's reports
- Mother's pensions
To Browse This Collection
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Idaho, Cassia County Records, 1879-1989.|
What Can These Records Tell Me
The record content varies by record type, but may include:
- Name of primary individual
- Event date and place
- Age, gender, residence and occupation of individual
- Names of parents
- Biographical information about parents such as date and place of birth
- Names of heirs, such as spouse, children, other relatives
- Names of the executor, administrator, or guardian
- Names of witnesses
- Description and value of property or land
|Land and property||Deed record||1902-1941|
|Land and property||Direct and indirect index to deeds||1910-1921|
|Land and property||Direct index to deeds||1930-1991|
|Land and property||Homestead declarations||1893-1915|
|Land and property||Index to deeds||1879-1929|
|Land and property||Index to mining claims||1889-1916|
|Land and property||Marriages, Deeds, Water Claims and Brands||1878-1881|
|Land and property||Mining claims||1880-1960|
|Land and property||Patent deed record||1907-1915|
|Land and property||Patent records||1921-1961|
|Land and property||Reverse index to deeds||1930-1991|
|Military||Military discharge certificates||undated|
|Military||Military discharge index||undated|
|Naturalization||Naturalization index cards||1881-1940|
|Pensions||Mothers's pension records||1919-1935|
|Probate||Probate Court record book||1879-1884|
|Probate||Records of wills||1891-1956|
|Probate||Register of estates||1919-1971|
|Vital||Marriages (intent to marry)||1931-1933|
To see a coverage map of FamilySearch's holdings of Idaho marriages, click here.
How Do I Search This Collection?
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- The name of the person
- The date of the event
Search the Index
View the Images
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page:
- Select the Record Category
- Select the Record Type, Volume, and Year Range to view the images
How Do I Analyze the Results?
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?
- Use the information found in the record to find the family in census records
- Search for other vital records, such as birth, marriage, and death
- Search for death or burial information in BillionGraves Index
- If applicable, search for immigration and naturalization records as well
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?
- If your ancestor does not have a common name, collect entries for every person who has the same surname. This list can help you find possible relatives
- If you cannot locate your ancestor in the locality in which you believe they lived, then try searching a nearby locality
- Try different spellings of your ancestor’s name
- Remember that sometimes individuals went by nicknames or alternated between using first and middle names
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in the state of Idaho.
Citing this Collection
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
- Collection Citation
- "Idaho, Cassia County Records, 1879-1989." Database with images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : 29 November 2018. Cassia County Clerk's Office, Burley.
When looking at a record, the citation is found below the record.
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.