Idaho, Butte County Records - FamilySearch Historical Records
|Access the Records|
Idaho, Butte County Records, 1882-1970
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Butte, Idaho, |
|Flag of Idaho|
|Location of Butte County, Idaho|
|Location of Idaho|
|Record Type||County Records|
|Butte County Courthouse, Arco Idaho|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
What is in This Collection?[edit | edit source]
This collection contains the following records from the county courthouse in Arco.
- Marriages (1917-1970)
- Wills (1893-1951)
- Deeds (1882-1920)
To Browse This Collection[edit | edit source]
|You can browse through images in this collection using the waypoints on the Collection Browse Page for Idaho, Butte County Records, 1882-1970.|
Image Visibility[edit | edit source]
Whenever possible FamilySearch makes images and indexes available for all users. However, rights to view these data are limited by contract and subject to change. Because of this there may be limitations on where and how images and indexes are available or who can see them. Please be aware some collections consist only of partial information indexed from the records and do not contain any images. For additional information about image restrictions see Restrictions for Viewing Images in FamilySearch Historical Record Collections.
What Can These Records Tell Me?[edit | edit source]
The information varies between record types, but may contain:
- Name of primary persons
- Names of heirs, such as spouse, children, other relatives, or friends
- Names of the executor, administrator, or guardian
- Names of witnesses
- Dates the documents were written and recorded (used to approximate event dates since a will was usually written near the time of death)
- Description and value of property or land
Collection Content[edit | edit source]
Sample Images[edit | edit source]
Coverage Table[edit | edit source]
|Land and Property||Declaration of homestead||1887-1969|
|Land and Property||Deed Record||1917-1970|
|Land and Property||Index to deeds direct||1882-1980|
|Land and Property||Index to deeds indirect||1882-1985|
|Land and Property||Index to mining records||1881-1986|
|Land and Property||Land patents||1887-1957|
|Land and Property||Official bond record||1917-1969|
|Probate||Orders and decrees||1930-1970|
|Probate||Record of wills||1893-1961|
|Vital||Marriage license affidavits||1917-1961|
How Do I Search This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- The name of the person
- The date of the event
Search the Index[edit | edit source]Search by name on the Collection Details Page.
- Fill in the search boxes in the Search Collection section with the information you know
- Click Search to show possible matches
View the Images[edit | edit source]
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page:
- Select the Record Category
- Select the Record Type, Volume, and Year Range to view the images
How Do I Analyze the Results?[edit | edit source]
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Add any new information to your records
- Use the information found in the record to find the family in census records
- Search for vital records, such as birth, marriage, and death
- Search for death or burial information in BillionGraves Index
- If applicable, search for immigration and naturalization records as well
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- If your ancestor does not have a common name, collect entries for every person who has the same surname. This list can help you find possible relatives
- If you cannot locate your ancestor in the locality in which you believe they lived, then try searching a nearby locality
- Try different spellings of your ancestor’s name
- Remember that sometimes individuals went by nicknames or alternated between using first and middle names
Research Helps[edit | edit source]
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in the state of Idaho.
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at a record, the citation can be viewed by clicking the drop-down arrow next to Document Information.
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.