Idaho, Birth Index (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|Access the Records|
Idaho, Birth Index, 1861-1911
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Idaho, United States|
|Flag of Idaho|
|Location of Idaho|
|Record Type||Birth Index|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 4 What Do I Do Next?
- 5 Citing This Collection
- 6 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?
This collection contains a birth index, 1861-1911 from the Bureau of Vital Records and Health Statistics of births filed between July 1, 1911 and December 31, 1911. The index also includes births filed with the Bureau before the office was open.
What Can These Records Tell Me?
Key genealogical facts found in this index include:
- Birth date
- Birth place
- Parent's names
- City or town code
- Certificate number
How Do I Search This Collection?
Before using this collection, it is helpful to know:
- The name of the child
- The date or location of the birth
Search the Index
|More images are available in the FamilySearch Catalog at Idaho, Birth Index, 1861-1911. Click on camera icon to see images.|
How Do I Analyze the Results?
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?
- Use the information found in the record to find the family in the census records
- Search for other vital records such as marriage and death
- Search for church records
- Search the land and probate records
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?
- If your ancestor does not have a common name, collect entries for every person who has the same surname. This list can help you find possible relatives
- If you cannot locate your ancestor in the locality in which you believe they lived, then try searching a nearby locality
- Try different spellings of your ancestor’s name
- Remember that sometimes individuals went by nicknames or alternated between using first and middle names
Consult the Idaho Research Tips and Strategies and its Record Finder to search other records
Citing This Collection
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying you sources helps others find the records you used.
- Collection Citation
- "Idaho, Birth Index, 1861-1911." Database. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : 14 June 2016. Bureau of Vital Records and Health Statistics, Boise.
When looking at a record, the citation is found below the record.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.