Idaho, Bingham County Historical Society, Bingham County Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|Access the Records|
Idaho, Bingham County Historical Society, Bingham County Records, 1885-1920
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Bingham, Idaho, United States|
|Flag of Idaho|
|Location of Bingham County, Idaho|
|Location of Idaho|
|Record Type||Bingham County Records|
|Bingham County Historical Society, Boise, ID.|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
- 7 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?
This collection contains Bingham County, Idaho records provided by the Bingham County Historical Society. Records include the following:
- Abstract Land Department Idaho 1893-1909
- Assessment Roll 1890
- Tax Collectors Register and Ledger 4 1898-1899
- Jail Records, Vol 1, 1885-1907
What Can These Records Tell Me?
County records may contain:
- Names of individuals
- Dates of land transactions
- Names of other parties or relatives
- Monetary worth of land and property
How Do I Search This Collection?
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- The name of the person
- The approximate date of an event
Search the Index
How Do I Analyze the Results?
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?
- Use the information found in the county records to search for the family in census records
- Search for vital records, such as birth, marriage, and death on the state and county level
- Search Bingham County for land and property records
- Search Bingham County for probate records
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?
- If your ancestor does not have a common name, collect entries for every person who has the same surname. This list can help you find possible relatives
- If you cannot locate your ancestor in the locality in which you believe they lived, then try searching records of a nearby town or county
- Try different spellings of your ancestor’s name
- Remember that sometimes individuals went by nicknames or alternated between using first and middle names, or even initials
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in the state of Idaho.
Citing This Collection
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
- Collection Citation
- "Idaho, Bingham County Historical Society, Bingham County Records, 1885-1920." Database. FamilySearch. https://FamilySearch.org : 20 March 2019. Bingham County Historical Society, Boise, ID.
When looking at a record, the citation is found below the record.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.