Huntingdon All Saints with St John, Huntingdonshire Genealogy
|Huntingdon All Saints with St John, Huntingdonshire|
|Poor Law Union||Huntingdon|
|Parish registers: 1558; Separate registers exist for Huntingdon St John beginning in 1585|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1604; Separate records exist for Huntingdon St John beginning 1604|
|Diocese||Pre-1837 - Lincoln; Post-1836 - Ely|
|Probate Court||Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of Lincoln and of the Archdeacon in the Archdeaconry of Huntingdon|
|Location of Archive|
|Huntingdonshire Record Office|
Guide to Huntingdon All Saints with St John, Huntingdonshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
Huntingdon, is a town, four parishes, a sub-district, and a district in Huntingdonshire. All Saints church is on the N side of the market place. There is an Independent chapel. There are also chapels for Quakers, Wesleyans, and Primitive Methodists. The four parishes in Huntingdon are All Saints, St. Mary, St. John, and St. Benedict.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Huntingdon All Saints parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Huntingdon All Saints Parish Online Records|
Huntingdon St John parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Huntingdon St John Parish Online Records|
||1586-1640, 1660, 1682-1754||
||1585-1681, 1700-1707|| |
||1585-1682, 1701-1837|| |
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Huntingdonshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Huntingdon on GENUKI
Huntingdon All Saints on GENUKI
Huntingdon St John on GENUKI
- John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales 1870-2. Date accessed: 15 August 2013.
- 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 18 April 2014.
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- 'Huntingdonshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 17 April 2014.
- Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Huntingdon, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 21 April 2014.
- 'National Burial Index - Huntingdonshire Coverage,' findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 17 April 2014.
- Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.