Hosanger, Hordaland, Norway Genealogy
Guide to Hosanger, Norway ancestry, family history, and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, and military records.
Microfilm of parish registers available at the Family History Library Hosanger clerical district. Contains parish registers for Hosanger clerical district which includes the parishes of Hosanger, Eksingedal, Mo and Seim. Mo parish was divided in 1881 and the divided part became Eksingedal parish; and Seim parish became part of Alversund clerical district in 1885. These parishes were separated from Hamre clerical district in 1749, and earlier records will be found there. The target board for film 1282898 item 5 says "Vaksdal" but the book says "Eskingedal".
Images of digitized parish registers are available online at Digitalarkivet (Digital Archives).
Hosanger/Vike kap: 1896-1922
For earlier records see: Hamre
- Fogden og sorenskriverens manntall 1664-1666 This census was taken by the local civil authorities. Hamre clerical district included Hamre, Alversund, Åsane, Meland, and Hosanger. Microfilm copies are at the Family History Library on Film 122979 Item 4. Scanned images are online at Digitalarkivet Sunnhordland fogderi, Nordhordland fogderi, Manntall 13, 1665.
- Sogneprestenes manntall 1664-1666 This census was taken by the local parish priests. Hamre clerical district included Hamre, Hosanger, Åsane, Meland, Mo, Seim, and Sund. Microfilm copies are at the Family History Library on Film 122972 Item 1. It is available as a database at Digitalarkivet database and also as scanned images.
- 1701 Census Manntal 1701 for Søndre Bergenhus amt (Hordaland county).
- 1801 Census Hosanger clerical district included Mo and Seim. Microfilm copies are at the Family History Library on Film 123002 Item 3. It is available as a searchable database at Digitalarkivet. 1801-telling for 1253 Hosanger.
- 1865 Census Hosanger clerical district included Hosanger, Mo, Seim, and Eksingedal parishes. Microfilm copies are at the Family History Library on Film 123072 Item 3. It is available as a searchable database at Digitalarkivet. 1865-telling for 1253 Hosanger
- 1875 Census Hosanger clerical district included Hosanger, Mo, and Eksingedal parishes. Microfilm copies are at the Family History Library on Film 273482.
- 1900 Census Hosanger clerical district included Hosanger, Mo, and Eksingedal parishes. Microfilm copies are at the Family History Library on Films 274306 and 274307. It is available as a searchable database at Digitalarkivet. 1900-telling for 1253 Hosanger
- 1910 Census The 1910 census search at Digitalarkivet
- The census of 1865, 1875 (partial), 1900 and 1910 are also available at the Norwegian Historical Data Center
Eknæs, Askild, 1868-1955: Ættebok for Hosanger fra til omlag 1960: A genealogy of the people in Hosanger in Hordaland county until about 1960. FHL 948.32/H3 D2
25 Aaseim 58 Askelneset 61 Askvik 43 Aurdal lille 33 Balen 35 Bernes indre 36 Bernestangen 33 Birkeland 66 Bjørge 65 Bjørndal 56 Bjørsvik, Bogen 49 Botnene 33 Brørhaugen 11 Byseim nordre, Dalen, Drangen, 58 Eide indre, Eidsheim, 69 Eidsnes indre 46 Eikefet 47 Eikemo 63 Eknes indre, Eknesvågen, Erdalen, Ese (Eidsheim), 15 Fjeldskaal 16 Fjeldskaalnes 49 Fjelle 6 Flataas 27 Fotland, Fotlandsvåg, Furnes, 26 Galteland 9 Gjeitreim 3 Grimstad 5 Grønaas 34 Hanstveit 50 Haukøen 2 Haustveit, Haugstveit, 40 Heimvik 17 Heldal 28 Helland 60 Heltveit, Herland, Hetlevik, 23 Hole, Holme, 18 Hoshovde 55 Husdal, Indre Eide, 39 Kleiveland, Kleppe Austre 31 Kleppe vestre, Kvammen, 1 Langeland, Langenes, 12 Litland, Lyngnes 30 Løtveit 20 Mjøs 52 Molvik 53 Mulen 10 Myren, Nedre Eknes, Nonås, 8 Nordaas 7 Nynnaas 35 Nystuen 51 Paddøen 19 Præstegaarden 42 Romereim 14 Røsland nordre 36 Sjotræet 54 Skaar, Smeviken, Stor Urdal, 57 Storsæter 41 Stusdal 28 Stølen 33 Stølen 35 Stølen 4 Sveneim 28 Sæteren 48 Sætre, Toen 62 Totland, Totlandsviki, 24 Tveiten 38 Tyssebotnen 37 Tyssen 29 Vare 68 Vassel, Vetle- Urdal, 44 Vike, Ytre Eide, 67 Æse 21 Øfsthus nordre, Øvre Eknes, Åsheim
Bergerud, Inger Louise, 1940-: I slektens forspor: med røtter i slektene Eckhoff, Hagemann og Moss samt bondeslekter fra Nordfjord, Hosanger og Fana: Just Hagemann Eide og alice Louise Mjøs: deres forfedre og slektninger.
Inkluderer Eide, Eidsnes, Absalonsen, Eckhoff, Hagemann, Mjøs/Moss, Fehr, Nottveit, Steinsvik, Søviknes, Øijordsbakken/Øyjordsbakken, Jensen, Hansen, Johnsen, Pedersen, Thomassen etc.
Family history and genealogy of the Eide and Mjøs families of Norway. Ancestors and descendants of Just Hagemann Eide (1906-1983) and his wife, Alice Louise Mjøs (b. 1913), the daughter of Albert Olsen Mjøs and Lydia Matilde Johnsen. Just and Alice Eide lived in Bergen for awhile, then moved to Tertnes in Åsene, and their later years were spent in Askøy. The Eide family originates from the Eide farm in Olden, Sogn og Fjordane county, and the Mjøs family has lived on the Mjøs farm in Hosanger parish, Hordaland county even before 1660. Other family members came from Nordfjord (Stårheim), Sogn og Fjordane co. and elsewhere in Norway. FHL 929.2481 Ei26
Baird, Ingeborg Sofia Steffensen, 1887: Temple record book, 1600-1939. Consists of genealogical data, 1600-1939, with most temple ordinances, 1908-1944, for ancestry of Ingeborg Sofia Steffensen Baird, a Mormon convert who immigrated from Norway to Brigham City, Utah. Ancestry lived in Hosanger and nearby areas, Hordaland County, Norway.
1702-1910: Records are found in Nordhordaland judicial district.
1773-1810: Clerical probate records are found in Nordhordaland Deanery.