Hornell New York Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
- 7858 Avenue of the Oaks Hornell NY 14843 United States
- Language: English
- 1-607-324-0034 (Church Phone - Code to call: Let phone ring twice, hang up and call again--this is because the center itself does not have a phone. If there is no answer your message will be recorded on the Branch President's answering machine and we will get back to you as soon as possible.) or call 1-585-953-6200 (Family History Director's Cell Phone)
Open Hours: Because we have a small center it is important to make an appointment so that we can accommodate you at the best time for us and for you.
- Thursdays: 3:00pm-8:00pm Walk-ins OK, appointment preferred
Closed all major holidays:
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Upcoming Events[edit | edit source]
Class Schedule[edit | edit source]
Staff Training Meetings[edit | edit source]
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. Free access to subscription based Internet web sites, Including FamilySearch.org, Ancestry.com, Footnote, HeritageQuest, AmericanAncestors.org (formerly New England Historic Genealogical Society), World Vital Records, Godfrey Memorial Library and many other sites.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- We have three working computers, a copy machine/printer and a manual microfilm/microfiche reader at this center.
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
(Instructions for beginners are available with willing consultants to help you get started.)
Help available in Danish and German research.
Assistance with web searching methods for family history.
Resources in the Local Area
[edit | edit source]
The Hornell Public Library has a genealogy research area located at 64 Genesee Street, Hornell. Phone 607-324-1210 and e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org Library hours are Monday-Thursday 10:00 A.M. to 8 P.M.; Friday - 10 A.M. to 5 P. M. and Saturday - 10 A.M. to 2 P.M.
- Open Saturday from th Monday after Labor Day to Memorial Day*
Links[edit | edit source]
Volunteer at the Center[edit | edit source]