Hordle, Hampshire Genealogy
Guide to Hordle, Hampshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish register transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Lymington|
|Parish registers: 1754; For more records see Milford|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1780|
|Probate Court||Courts of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) and Archdeaconry of Winchester|
|Location of Archive|
|Hampshire Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
HORDLE (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Lymington, hundred of Christchurch, Lymington and S. divisions of the county of Southampton, 4 miles (W. S. W.) from Lymington. There is a place of worship for Baptists..
| This section requires expansion with:
a summary overview of the history of this parish.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Hordle, Hampshire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|FMP = findmypast - (£)|
|FS = FamilySearch - free|
|TGEN = The Genealogist - (£)|
|HORDLE PARISH Online Records|
Non-Conformists (All other Religions)[edit | edit source]
- 1717 England & Wales, Roman Catholics, 1717 at FindMyPast ($), index and images (coverage may vary)
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Genealogy from Periodicals[edit | edit source]
Bennett, Fred. Do you have an interest in the Coles-Bennett Family? A photograph of Annie Coles-Bennett 1860-1927, of Hordle, and Ivy daughter of Annie, 1893-1956, with a little history. Article in the Hampshire Family Historian, vol. 34, no.1, June 2007, page 9. FHL Ref 942.27 B2h
Probate Records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Hampshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.|
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848), pp. 547-550. Date accessed: 12 June 2013.
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Digital Library.
- 'Over 1.4 million new Hampshire parish records published', Find My Past, accessed 3 October 2013. Date ranges are not clearly identified.
- 'IGI Batch Numbers for Hampshire, England', IGI Batch Numbers - British Isles and North America, accessed 8 October 2013.
- 'Parish Records - Coverage', The Genealogist, accessed 19 January 2021.