Hood River Oregon Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Hood River Oregon Family History Center serves the Hood River valley and White Salmon area across the river.
Center Contacts and Hours
For information on the center, please call 541-386-3539 during the hours of operation.
- 1825 May St Hood River OR 97036 United States
- Inside the LDS Church at the corner of 18th and May Street in Hood River.
- The entrance is on May Street at the north side of the church.
- Lots of parking available.
Closed Thanksgiving week: Christmas week: The week of New Year: The first two weeks of August:
Calendar and Events
Family History Workshop
Saturday, October 10th in the Hood River LDS Church
9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Classes for adults and teens
For more information, call Linda Colton at 541-490-0344
Staff Training Meetings
- Books, some microfilm and microfiche. Extensive collection on Illinois.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. Hardware and Equipment
- Four computers, microfilm and fiche readers; birth, marriage, death, obituary notices from the Hood River News
Norwegian research Scottish research Irish research
Resources in the Local Area
Columbia Gorge Genealogical Society meets the second Saturday of every month at the Columbia Gorge Discover Center in The Dalles. The general meeting begins at 1 pm. For information, call Linda Colton at 541-490-0344.
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.