Honduras Deaths (FamilySearch Historical Records)
What is in This Collection?
This collection includes the years 1750 through 1900.
This index is not complete for any particular place, region or time period. This collection may include information previously published in the International Genealogical Index or Vital Records Index collections.
It may also include indexes generated by the internet indexing project sponsored by the LDS Church.
There may be entries that cite a specific source such as the following:
- "Vital Record of Rhode Island, 1636-1850: a Family Register for the People" by James Arnold
- "Paul Dingwell Genealogical Collection" by Paul Dingwell
- A county or state vital record registration
These entries are in this collection for one of the following reasons:
- They were submitted by private individuals to the LDS Church and as such are part of the IGI resulting in their inclusion in this index.
- They have been indexed through the internet indexing project sponsored by the LDS Church. If this is the case, the index they are a part of has been included as part of this database.
The Vital Record Index databases are not necessarily intended to index any specific set of records although some sub-indexes (an index to a set of records within the database) have been found. When we identify a sub-index, we remove it from the database and post it separately on FamilySearch under its appropriate title.
This index is not complete for any particular place or region
For over 30 years, volunteer indexers extracted this information from microfilm copies of the original records. This is an index of some deaths or burials throughout Honduras. The index is not necessarily complete for any particular place or region.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints sponsored the indexing of this collection to help individuals find information about their ancestors..
Church records and civil registration were official records and are some of the most reliable sources of information available for those who were born, married, or died in Honduras.
The records in this collection usually contain the following information:
- Burial date and place
- Death place
The records may also include:
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Parents' names
- Spouse's name
- Names of other family members
- Marital status
The Coverage Table shows the places and time periods of the original records in this collection. The table indicates how many records the collection has from each place. Most of the records in the collection are from the time periods listed in the table; however, the collection may have a few records from before or after the time period.
|Locality||Baptisms, 1730-1930||Marriages, 1800-1910*||Deaths, 1750-1900|
- These records are published in the World Miscellaneous Marriages collection.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citing This Collection
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
- "Caribbean Deaths and Burials 1790-1906," index, FamilySearch (http://familysearch.org: accessed 17 March 2011), John Edward Jones, 26 Nov 1865; citing Burial Records, FHL microfilm 1,223,999; Index entries derived from digital copies of original and compiled records, Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
Record Citation (or citation for the index entry):