Holland, Orleans County, Vermont Genealogy
The town of Holland was chartered on October 26, 1779 by the Vermont Legislature. In the interval between the grant for the town and the actual writing of the charter, Holland was known by the designation Number 4, given to it by Vermont Surveyor General Whitelaw.
Holland is the highest town in Orleans County. Perhaps due to its high altitude, Holland has historically had the coolest weather and highest rate of snowfall in Orleans County.
- Holland and its neighbors, by the Holland Historical Society (Holland, Vt.) (2004) - find this book in a library.
- Holland highlights, by Ella Farrow (1979) - find this book in a library.
FamilySearch Historical Records Collection has Vermont birth, death, and marriage records online.
Holland, Vermont Militia Records, 1821-1834, 1863-1866, are available on microfilm at the Family History Library.
Orleans Probate Division
247 Main Street
Newport, VT · 05855
Phone: (802) 334-3305
The following is a list of major cemeteries in present-day Holland. For location of all cemeteries, see Cemeteries of Vermont, Orleans County, website at this link.
- Mead Hill Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
Town Clerk Vital and Town Records, 1989-2000, can be found on FamilySearch (browse only images).
The Family History Library has microfilm of original records from the Holland Town Clerk's Office. These include Vital records of Holland, Vermont, 1801-2000, and Deeds (Holland, Vermont); index, 1805-1969, 1780-1908.
Holland Town Clerk
120 School Road
Holland, VT 05830
Libraries and Historical Societies
Northeast Kingdom Genealogy - Genealogy resources for towns in the counties of Essex, Orleans and Caledonia.
- Holland, Vermont - Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holland,_Vermont
- About Holland, Vermont - http://www.virtualvermont.com/towns/holland.html#about
- Holland, Vermont - http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~vermont/OrleansHolland.html