Highland County, Virginia Compiled Genealogies
Has anyone studied my Highland County, Virginia Genealogy before?
More than 15 family history books and articles have been published about Highland County's families.
- Main article: Highland County, Virginia
Highland County, Virginia Genealogy Message Boards
[edit | edit source]
- Highland County, VA Genealogy Forum, courtesy: GenForum. (0+ messages)
- Highland - Family History & Genealogy Message Board, courtesy: Ancestry. (0+ messages)
Highland County, Virginia Genealogy General Resources[edit | edit source]
Highland County, Virginia Surnames (courtesy: Linkpendium) contains links to more than 0 online resources about this county's families, including compiled genealogies.
Compiled genealogies that treat multiple Highland County families include:
Highland County, Virginia Genealogy Books and Articles[edit | edit source]
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
- [Arbogast] Arbogast: Family Genealogy. Records, Clark County Genealogical Society, Marshall, Ill. FHL Film 1305153 Item 6.
- [Bodkin] Botkin, Gerald N. and Paul W. Botkin. Botkin Family in America. Typescript, 1972. FHL Film 982106 Item 5.
- [Calhoun] Calhoun, Garry L. Calhoun. Typescript. FHL Film 1206299 Item 13.
- [Douglas] Swiger, Elizabeth Davis, Edward E. Morton and Ronald V. Hardway. History and Family Record of the Morton Family of Webster County, West Virginia: The Continuing Story. Grafton, W. Va.: Mountain Heritage Genealogy Society, 1984. FHL Book 929.273 M846s.
- [Givens] Parr, Perry Louis. Givens Family Genealogy. MSS., FHL Film 982306.
- [Holl] See Hull.
- [Hull] Hull, Eugene F. Three Hull Brothers. n.p.: E.F. Hull, 1986. FHL Book 929.273 H877he.
- [Morton] Morton, Edward E. Family Record and History of the Morton Family: of Webster County, West Virginia. [Fairmont, W. Va.]: E.D. Swiger, 1960. FHL Book 929.273 A1 no. 1507.
- [Morton] Swiger, Elizabeth Davis, Edward E. Morton and Ronald V. Hardway. History and Family Record of the Morton Family of Webster County, West Virginia: The Continuing Story. Grafton, W. Va.: Mountain Heritage Genealogy Society, 1984. FHL Book 929.273 M846s.
- [Morton] Swiger, Elizabeth Davis and Edward E. Morton. History of the Morton Family of Webster County, West Virginia, Supplement Three. Fairmount, W. Va.: E.D. Swiger, 1988. FHL Book 929.273 M846s supp. 3.
- [Slavin] Slaven, F.L. The Descendents of John Slaven from Tyrone County, Ireland and Elizabeth Stuart from Scotland. New Orleans, La.: F.L. Slaven, 196-?. FHL Film 1307569 Item 2.
- [Slavin] Slavens, Thomas H. The Descendants of John Slavin from County Tyrone, Ireland. Typescript, National Library of the Daughters of the American Revolution, Washington, D.C. FHL Film 875379 Item 6.
- [Slavin] Slavens-Slaven-Slavin and Allied Families, ca. 1723-1941. MSS., Family Records Collection, Barrett Memorial Library, Petersburg, Ind.: Slav. FHL Film 1451835 Item 1.
- [Stephenson] Hammond, Howard Revercomb and Milton Rubincam. Revercomb Family Papers. 1969. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online - free; FHL Book 929.273 R323r.
- [Weybright] Weybright, Jessie P. Genealogy of Martin Weybrecht, Bavaria 1689 - Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, 1732: Weybright, Waybright, also Martin Weybright, Highland County, Virginia, 1800. Microfilmed 1977. FHL Film 1036852 Item 4.
- [Wimer] Hinkle, Don Philip. Weimer Genealogical Center (Albuquerque, N.M.). The Wimer Family #189. 2 vols. Albuquerque, N.M.: Weimer Genealogical Center, 1992. FHL Film 2055537 Items 1-2.
- [Zigenfuss] Zickefoose, Larry C., Clayton H. Sigerfoos, and W.J. Sickafus. From Zigenfuss to Zickefoose, 1739-1990. Baltimore, Md.: Gateway Press, 1990. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online - free; FHL Book 929.273 Z61z.