Hervey Bay Australia Family History Centre
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Centre, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Family History Centre of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints services the Hervey Bay - Maryborough area and provides many tools including FamilySearch, Ancestry.com and local records for interested people to research their Family History.
- 1 Centre Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Centre Resources
- 4 Centre Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Centre
Centre Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 37 Grevillea Street, Kawungan (opposite the Kawungan State School)
- Car Park provided - entrance to the Family History Centre is across the courtyard.
- (Link to map using Google or other map sites)
Open Hours: Mon 10:00am to 3:00pm, Fri 10:00am to 3:00pm (except public holidays)
Holiday Schedule: closed for the Christmas Vacation - phone for details
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This centre has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Various books, microfiche and microfilms for Australian States, Britain and Europe, including pre-1856 Baptisms, Deaths and Marriages in the Colony of New South Wales, Convict records, Immigration Records, Military, Local Familiy Histories, Cemetery Records and Maps.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This centre has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the centre to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- Three computers, Three microfiche readers, printer and photocopier.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
Our Fraser Coast City Council provides a Family History area within the Hervey Bay Library with computer access to sites such as FamilySearch and Ancestry.com
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.