Help:Wiki University Wikitext--Images (cont.)
- Nesting Lists
- Broken Links
- Image Embedding
- Image Tooltips & Borders
- Image Links
- Images & Text; Embedding PDF
- Snipping Tool & Paint
- Inline Styling
- Changing Fonts
- Font Colors
- Font Bold-Italics
- Div Tag - Intro
- Width and Height
- Alignment - Horizontal
- Breadcrumb Trails
Tooltips[edit | edit source]
What are tooltips? A tooltip is the little box that appears when you hover your mouse over an image or link. For example:
What is an abbreviation tooltip? Abbreviation tooltips are created when you add a word or phrase using an "abbr attribute" as follows:
- Having shown you this feature, note that Wiki standards is to AVOID acronyms or abbreviations in our articles, so if you see it, ask if it is appropriate.
- Tooltips also appears if there is a name added to an external or internal link. This will be demonstrated shortly.
Image borders[edit | edit source]
- What if we want to place a border around the image.
- To do that add a pipe and the word "thumb" inside the internal image link:
- Now our image looks like this:
- Using the word "thumb" moves the image to the right by default.
- If we want the image on the left with the border, we add a pipe and the word "left":
- Now our image is on the left side with a border:
Image Captions[edit | edit source]
- With the use of the word "thumb," notice a small box appears under the image.
- Here is where we can place a caption on the image with the addition of a pipe and whatever wording we want for the caption:
- Here is how the image now appears with its caption at the bottom of the image:
- If you want to center the caption, enter opening and closing center tags flanking the caption:
Try these out[edit | edit source]