Help:Wiki University Main Page
Main page of FamilySearch Wiki[edit | edit source]
World Map[edit | edit source]
- The map of the world on this page is clickable, i.e., if you click on any part of the map, it will take you to a page displaying the countries for that region.
- By clicking on a country name, you will be taken to an article with information about what genealogical materials are available for that country.
- A search by place or topic/keyword can be entered in the search box to the left of the World Map. See "Search Tips:" below search box.
Guided Research[edit | edit source]
Clicking on the link will take you to a page with a description of the research process and links to articles for each step of the process. Click here to see the research process page.
New to the Wiki?[edit | edit source]
Clicking on the link will take you to a page listing many articles on how to use the Wiki. Click here to see the list of articles.
Want to Help?[edit | edit source]
Clicking on the link will take you to a page listing how you can participate in developing the Wiki. Not only can you add articles to the Wiki or edit the Wiki, but you can get involved in projects.
- Projects are efforts to either fix a problem that exists on many pages or add pages that deal with a particular subject.
- Click here to see a list of some of the projects that are in progress.
Foreign language Wikis[edit | edit source]
- At the bottom of the page, you will notice that the Wiki is in 10 other languages.
- The Wiki languages are (in the order shown in the template):
English | German | Spanish | French | Italian | Japanese | Korean | Portuguese | Russian | Swedish | Chinese
- Some are developed to an extent; others are just beginning.
- If you know any of these languages, you could help to develop these non-English Wikis.
Try these out[edit | edit source]