Help:Wiki University Main Page
Main page of FamilySearch Wiki
- The map of the world on this page is clickable, i.e., if you click on any part of the map, it will take you to a page displaying the countries for that region.
- By clicking on a country name, you will be taken to an article with information about what genealogical materials are available for that country.
- A search by place or topic/keyword can be entered in the search box to the left of the World Map. See "Search Tips:" below search box.
New to Genealogy?
Clicking on the link will take you to a page with a description of the research process and links to articles for each step of the process. Click here to see the research process page.
New to the Wiki?
Clicking on the link will take you to a page listing many articles on how to use the Wiki. Click here to see the list of articles.
Want to Help?
Clicking on the link will take you to a page listing how you can participate in developing the Wiki. Not only can you add articles to the Wiki or edit the Wiki, but you can get involved in projects.
- Projects are efforts to either fix a problem that exists on many pages or add pages that deal with a particular subject.
- Click here to see a list of some of the projects that are in progress.
Foreign language Wikis
- At the bottom of the page, you will notice that the Wiki is in 10 other languages.
- The Wiki languages are (in the order shown in the template):
English | German | Spanish | French | Italian | Japanese | Korean | Portuguese | Russian | Swedish | Chinese
- Some are developed to an extent; others are just beginning.
- If you know any of these languages, you could help to develop these non-English Wikis.
Try these out