Help:Wiki University--User and Talk Page
- User and Talk Page
- My Shift
- Wiki Team
- Wiki Meetings
- Image & PDF Approval
- Uploading Images & PDF files
- Special Pages
- Patrolling Coding
- Patrolling Content
- Patrolling Guidelines
- Other Maintenance
- Maint. Templates
- Other tutorials
- Salesforce Images
What is a User Page?
- Whenever you sign in to the Wiki, your user name appears at the top right side of the page under the blue bar.
- By clicking on your user name you are taken to a page with the title: User:your user name.
- If your user page is blank, then you need to create the page and post a few things about yourself. Here are some suggestions:
Suggested topics for your user page:
- Your full name
- How people can contact you other than your talk page
- Special talents and abilities
- Hobbies or special interests
- Church callings
- Contributions to the wiki
- A thumbnail head shot (this will be uploaded in the uploading images lesson)
The basic idea is for the Wiki missionary team to get to know you better.
What is a Talk Page?
Talk pages exist for all articles. They allow contributors to add comments or make suggestions for individual articles. There are two kinds of talk pages:
Talk pages for articles
On these talk pages, contributors can suggest something that might or should be added to the article or point out a mistake. This allows contributors to help with parts of the content that might need to be updated or there is a mistake in the subject material or even help with grammar. To post a message, click on a blue Talk tab you get this set of tabs:
|Page||Talk||Read||Edit source||Add topic||More|
- Click "Add topic."
- On the next screen enter a subject line In the "Subject" box. This creates a header so others can see what your message is about. This also separates your message from the others.
- Enter your comment in the edit box below the subject box.
- Save page and your comment will be displayed on the talk page for all to read.
- If you see something in your message you want to change, click "Edit source" and you can edit your posting or erase it.
If you are clicking on a talk tab for an user page or help page, you will see the word "User page" or "Help page" respectively where the word "Page" appears in this example.
Talk pages for contributors
Each contributor has a Talk Page. There you can see all the messages sent by others to the contributors talk page. To send an e-mail to a contributor click on “Email this user” under Tools on left sidebar.
During your mission, you will be prompted to change your password every six months or so. This does not mean there is a problem with your account. All missionaries are asked to do this for security purposes.