Help:Wiki University--Salesforce Images
- User and Talk Page
- My Shift
- Wiki Team
- Wiki Meetings
- Image & PDF Approval
- Uploading Images & PDF files
- Special Pages
- Patrolling Coding
- Patrolling Content
- Patrolling Guidelines
- Other Maintenance
- Maint. Templates
- Other tutorials
- Salesforce Images
Images to be placed in the Wiki come from contributors and patrons of the FamilySearch Wiki through Salesforce.
- After you sign in you can use the drop down under the FamilySearch icon to the upper left of the page to go into the Service Cloud Console if you are not already there. Click on cases and click on dropdown under cases.
View the list in the Cases drop down box.
- Support-Wiki Image/Doc approval- This is where we review and approve images and files submitted to the Wiki.
Support-Wiki Image/Doc approval
- First- Click on Support-Wiki Image/Doc Approval (EN). This will bring up the image approval cases.
- Second- Click on the case number you want to look at. You need to decide if this is even an image approval case for our group--a few are not. Go back to Salesforce Support Cases to get detailed information on how to transfer any case to other Users or Queues.
- Third- is this appropriate for the Wiki, and is all the needed information here. (Copyright, date, author, and description.)
- Fourth- Assign the case to yourself.
Placing the image in the Wiki
- A. Click on the name of the image in Blue. A rectangular box will appear at the bottom right of the screen. Clicking on the box will post the image to your computer. View it to see if it is appropriate. Then you can put it in a location in your computer were you can bring it back up.
- 1. Next, go to Upload this can be found on Special pages under toolbox on the navigation bar at the left on each page of the Wiki. Then click browse. When your computer search comes up click on the correct image and then click save on your computer search box this puts the image on to the upload page.
- 2. Next, place the Template:Information/doc on the Upload page in the summary box and fill it out with the information from the patron's case.
- 3. Next, select the copyright level on the copyright drop down and click it. It will then appear on the image page.
- 4. Now select save. This will bring up the page of the image. Find and add a Category. This could be a location or topic of the page.
- 5. Retain page to copy the URL and title for the image page and use them in the reply to the patron.
- 6. Go to the case email to respond to the patron. Chose the appropriate email from the next list.
- 7. Close case.
Possible Emails send to Patron
- Request contains all information
- Request is missing information
- Request is missing licensing information or contains personal images
- Image is not approved
Wiki Pages on Approval of Images
Before first uploading an image, you must be familiar with the information in the following articles:
- Image Approval Policies - understand what kinds of images are acceptable in the Wiki
- Information Template - how to show where the image came from
- License Templates - to show what license agreement you are able to publish the image under
Non-English Wiki Image Approval
Sometimes you may be asked to approve an image for any of the non-English Wikis. Of course, you may not understand the language, so here is an article that shows the non-English words to click on to get you to the place where you can approve an image in these non-English Wikis.