Help:Wiki University--Other tutorials
- User and Talk Page
- My Shift
- Wiki Team
- Wiki Meetings
- Image & PDF Approval
- Uploading Images & PDF files
- Special Pages
- Patrolling Coding
- Patrolling Content
- Patrolling Guidelines
- Other Maintenance
- Maint. Templates
- Other tutorials
- Salesforce Images
CONGRATULATIONS! You have completed the New Wiki Missionary training curriculum and have been assigned to a project.
What are you to do now?
Let us first say that you are NOT expected to have "understood" or "memorized" everything you learned in training; yet, as a missionary, you ARE expected to perform the following tasks:
- Complete the project assigned to you and sign up for another project.
- Attend all Wiki Missionary and Community Project meetings or listen to the recordings of those meetings.
- Perform patrolling.
- Report the time you spent on the three aforementioned tasks to your District Leader at the end of each month.
Where can you go to get help?
--- Related to Wiki Policies, Wiki Patrolling, or WikiText ---
- REFER to the Wiki University documentation.
- LISTEN to the training recordings found in Yammer > Wiki Missionaries > New Wiki Missionary Training Reordings.
- CHECK OUT the new missionary Wiki Training Schedule and JOIN "any" one or more classes for a refresher (you can selectively sit through any one of the classes again and again and again...).
- POST your question or concern in the Yammer > Wiki Missionaries or Wiki 911 group.
--- Related to Projects ---
- PLAY BACK the recordings of the Community Project Meetings.
- BRING UP your questions or concerns when attending the Community Project meetings.
- CONTACT (via Yammer) Project Leaders as listed on the Project instructional page to address specific project "HowTo" or "WhatToDo" questions.
- POST your question or concern in the Yammer > Wiki Contributors or Wiki 911 group.
As a last resort, you can always contact your District Leader to refer you to a "help" resource. Remember: there is always someone in Yammer that would love to help you, including the training team. Just post your question in any one of the aforementioned Yammer groups (Wiki Missionaries, Wiki 911, or Wiki Contributors) and someone WILL respond.
LDS Church - Annual Required Online Courses
All employees, volunteers, and LDS Church missionaries are required to take certain courses to ensure we have an understanding of the Church-wide standards of conduct. Click HERE for more information about these requirements.
Researching in the Wiki
- Available Research Resources in the Wiki
- List of Online Genealogy Records by Location
- List of Historical Record Collections
- A 47-minute How To video: FamilySearch Research Wiki: What it Can Do for You!
- A collection of 5 minute videos on how to use the Wiki and research in different countries: Wiki Wizard Videos
- Family History Library: Classes and Online Webinars
- Search tips - how to search and browse with the help of your Family History Consultant or at a Family History Center nearest you.
- FamilySearch Online Research Communities and Groups
- More advanced training on coding in HTML is available from W3 Schools