Help:Wiki University--How to Contribute
From FamilySearch Wiki
- User and Talk Page
- My Shift
- Wiki Team
- Wiki Meetings
- Image & PDF Approval
- Uploading Images & PDF files
- Special Pages
- Patrolling Coding
- Patrolling Content
- Patrolling Guidelines
- Other Maintenance
- Maint. Templates
- Other tutorials
- Salesforce Images
How to contribute to the Wiki
- There are on-going projects you can participate in to help grow and improve the Wiki.
- You can create a new article. This might be an article about a subject you already feel knowledgable about. Although the process might seem complex, it is rewarding to share your skills. Other users who learn from you will be so grateful!
- Consider researching a topic or location that is not currently in the Wiki that you would like to learn more about. Research the topic and add what you learned to the Wiki.
- Add links to great sources or well-written articles you have found on the internet.
- You or your organization can adopt a page, then keep careful watch for new material or links to add to it, watch over it for broken links or other issues that need repaired, and help any way you can.
Meetings for help with contributing
- The Wiki community holds meetings to help you talk about contributing, answer your questions, and meet up with other users who can support you as you contribute:
- The Wiki Community Projects Meeting will present and provide training on new content and maintenance projects on the wiki.
- Time: Wednesday 11:00 - 12:00 PM Mountain Time (1:00 - 2:00 PM Eastern)
- WebEx ID: 0000; Join the meeting;
- Dial-in number: Local / International: 1-801-240-9700 U.S. Toll-Free: 1-855-537-4000;
- Contributors Meeting
- Come forge solutions with other community contributors. We discuss content, best practices, community, and strategy the first Thursday of the month from 1:00-2:00 PM