Hawaii, United States Genealogy
|Hawaii Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Guide to Hawaii ancestry, family history, and genealogy birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
Hawai'i became the fiftieth state admitted to the United States on August 21, 1959. It is located in the Pacific Ocean west of the United States. Hawai'i was created from what was the sovereign nation Kingdom of Hawai'i from 1810-1893, and independent republic Hawai'i from 1894-12 Aug 1898 when it became a U. S. Territory until being admitted to the United States in 1959. Honolulu is the capital and there are 5 counties. 
Getting Started with Hawaii Research
Links to articles on getting started with Hawaii research.
Hawaii Research Tools
Links to articles and websites that assist in Hawaii research.
Hawaii Clickable Map
Many genealogy records are kept on the county level in the United States. Click on a county below to go to the county Wiki article listing more information.
Below are FamilySearch resources that can assist you in researching your family.
- Facebook Communities - Facebook groups discussing genealogy research
- Learning Center - Online genealogy courses
- Historical Records - databases and record images on FamilySearch
- Family History Center locator map
- Cyndi's List - Hawaii genealogy sites on the internet
- Hawaii Genealogy Trails - collection of transcribed data for the state of Hawaii
- Access Genealogy – Genealogy guide for Hawaii
- Ancestorhunt.com - resources for Hawaii genealogy research
- Hawaii Research Outline – Original Family History Library research outline; contains many out of date links
- Reference Sources to Hawaiian Genealogies: University of Hawaii at Manoa Library
- Hawaii State Archives Digital Collections
- 1897 Petition Against the Annexation of Hawaii National Archives
- Petition Against the Annexation of Hawaii NAID 595390
- Wikipedia contributors, "Hawaii" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawaii (accessed 16 March 2016).
- Wikipedia contributors, "List of US States by Date of Admission," in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_date_of_admission_to_the_Union, accessed 1 Nov 2016.