Harrisonburg Virginia Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Our Family History Center is located in Harrisonburg VA and we serve the Rockingham County area.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 210 South Ave Harrisonburg VA 22801 United States
- We are 1 block west of South High Street.
- Park on the east side of the building and use the entrance next to the satellite dish.
- The door is kept locked so please use the door bell and someone will come and let you in.
- Wednesday:10:00am-2:00pm and 6:30pm-8:30pm
- By appointment:
Closed for holidays: Inclement Weather: Closed if any of the local schools are closed:
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- We have a collection of donated books with local family information, copies of local Obituaries for many years (including Pendelton Co. West Va.) and a collection of microfilms.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- We have 4 computers, 2 printers, 2 microfilm readers and a microfiche reader.
Resources in the Local Area
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.