Harrison's Company, Florida (Santa Rosa Guards) (Confederate)
Brief History[edit | edit source]
"Units of the Confederate States Army" by Joseph H. Crute, Jr. contains no history for this unit.
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin[edit | edit source]
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
- Non-Commissioned Offices, and Staff - no cities or counties given - see - Roster; Civil War Micofilm
Other Sources[edit | edit source]
- Civil War
- - Florida, Civil War Service Records of Confederate Soldiers, 1861-1865
- - Florida, Civil War Service Records of Union Soldiers, 1861-1865
- - Florida, Confederate Veterans and Widows Pension Applications, 1885-1955
- - Florida, Confederate Pension Applications Files
- - A Guide to Civil War Records at the State Archives of Florida
- - Florida State Military Files - USGenWeb Archives Project
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Florida in the Civil War describes many Confederate and Union sources, specifically for Florida, and how to find them.. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
References[edit | edit source]
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, (accessed 6 December 2010).