Hagelberg Parish, Skaraborg, Sweden Genealogy
Guide to Hagelberg Parish, Sweden ancestry, family history, and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
- 1 History
- 2 Place Names
- 3 Collections
- 3.1 Census Records
- 3.2 Church Records
- 3.3 Military Records
- 3.4 Related Sources
- 3.5 Help Reading Swedish Records
- 3.6 Help Reading Old Handwriting
- 3.7 Help With Research Objectives and Strategies
- 3.8 References
History(write information such as: how old the parish is, interesting facts about the parish, what alternate names it has, or any boundary changes.)
|Hagelberg Parish, Skaraborg, Sweden Genealogy|
|Militär indelning||add here|
Alebäcken, Alebäcken Lilla, Alebäcken Stora, Altemo, Altona, Andersgården Hagelberg, Anderstorp, Assarstorp, Asstorp,
Backen, Basteberg, Bestorp, Bextorp Lilla, Bextorp Stora, Björkebacken, Broholm,
Claestorp, Claestorp kvarn,
Habols torp, Hagen under Alebäck Stora, Hagen under Bextorp, Hamburg, Hästhagen Lilla, Hästhagen Stora,
Johanstorp under Alebäcken, Johanstorp under Åsen,
Kanton, Karlstorp, Klastorp, Klastorp kvarn, Klämman Kullen, Kvarnen under Klastorp,
Lundbergs torp, Långbro,
Nyborg, Nybygget under Alebäcken, Nybygget under Tåstorp, Nöden,
Sandliden, Skogen, Smattrum, Snippen, Stampen, Stenbacken, Svarvaretorp, Svenstorp, Sågen,
Tiholmen, Tolsborg, Trången, Tåstorp,
Ulvstorp, Ulvstorp led,
Åsavadet, Åsen, Åslyckan,
- Surrounding Parishes
- Sweden Household Examination Records (Husförhörslängder)--explanation of this church record which is functionally the census of Sweden.
- Sweden Household Examination Books, 1880 - 1920, ($), index and images. Also on Also on Ancestry.com, ($), Arkiv Digital ($), and SVAR ($).
Online Database Church Records
The easiest way to access the Swedish Church Records is through the internet, using these five sites (see links to specific collections below). Four of these sites require a subscription for access. (ArkivDigital, Ancestry.com, and MyHeritage.com are available at a FamilyHistory Center near you free of charge.)
Help Using ArkivDigital: Online Databases for Sweden
- These lessons will teach you how to use ArkivDigital:
Family History Library Records
Click Sweden, Skaraborg Records for a full listing of microfilmed records (some digitized online) at the Family History Librarythat may be digitized. Check back occasionally to see if your records have become available. In the meantime, some of them might be available at a Family History Center near you.
Click on "Places within Sweden, Skaraborg and then select your parish.
Help Reading Swedish Records
- You do not have to be fluent in Swedish to read these records! The have a limited vocabulary: mother, father, born, bride, groom, married, etc. The rest of the content will be names, dates, and places, which do not need translation.
- This Swedish Word List covers typical terms found in the records.
- Swedish Historical Dictionary Database, SHDD: This interactive dictionary allows you to enter a word in the search box and receive the translation.
- Feast Day Calendar (Moveable) and Feast Day Lists (Fixed and Moveable) will help you translate dates written in feast day form.
- Denmark surnames are patronymic and change every generation, so carefully study Sweden Names, Personal.
- For help with reading the column headings found in more recent records, see Swedish Parish Register and Household Exam Roll Headings.
- Instructions, document examples, and translations are given for Reading Swedish Birth and Christening Records 1717, 1752, 1771, 1792, 1803, 1834, 1854.
Help Reading Old Handwriting
- Reading Scandinavian Gothic Handwritten Records: (free, online lessons at FamilySearch):
Help With Research Objectives and Strategies
Hagelberg, Husförhörslängd 1811-1841, Ortregister