Gunnison Utah Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Gunnison Utah Family History Center is located inside the Gunnison, Utah Stake Center just next to the stake resource library. Entrance is at the Northwest corner of the building.It serves the Gunnison Stake area which includes Mayfield, Fayette, Axtell, and Centerfield and of course Gunnison.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location Map: Location Map
- Gunnison Stake Center: 80 West Center, Gunnison, Utah 84634 United States
Phone: 1 435-528-3294 (please call during Family History Center Hours)
FHC Director: Evelyn Wagstaff - 1 435-528-3611
- Assistant Directors: Wilford Eugene Wagstaff
- Wednesday: 1:00 pm. to 9:00 pm.
- Thursday: 1:00 pm. to 9:00 pm.
- Sunday: 4:00 pm. to 7:00 pm.
- The Gunnison Family History Center has a small collection of microfilm and microfiche on indefinite loan from the Family History Center in Salt Lake City.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- The Family History Center has computers that access the internel sites and some subscription sites for family history. There is microfilm reader, microfiche reader and printers available. Printouts on the printer have a nominal fee of 10 cents per page to cover ink and paper costs.
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.
Adding details to a FHC page article.