Gualán, Zacapa, Guatemala Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Municipality of Gualán ancestry, family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, church records, parish registers, and civil registration.
- After the Independence of Central America, Gualán was assigned to the Zacapa circuit.
- In 1897 the section of the Northern Railroad was inaugurated from San Agustín Acasaguastlán to Puerto Barrios, passing through Gualán; At that time, the northern region of Guatemala had not been explored and the construction of the railroad started the industrial and commercial exploitation of the region.
- The municipality of Gualán has a population of approximately 45,000 people
- Guatemala, Zacapa, Gualán, registro civil – Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
- Registros civiles, 1877-1940 – Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
- Registros parroquiales, 1756-1933 – Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
- Padrones de Guatemala : Gualán: 1761-1841 – Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
- Cementerio Municipal de Gualán
- Cementerio de Mayuelas
- Wikipedia Collaborators, "Gualán," In Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia, https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gual%C3%A1n. Visited 2 October 2017.