Grand Blanc Michigan Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Grand Blanc Michigan Family History Center serves anyone who would like to come and use our facility, resources and receive help from our trained volunteers.
Location Map: We are located on the right side of the main building as you enter the parking lot. Please enter through the front door. Our red lettered FAMILY HISTORY CENTER sign is placed in a front window when we are open.
- 4285 McCandlish Rd Grand Blanc MI 48439-1806 United States
- Language: English
- Director: 1-248-622-3366
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Current Open Hours:
- Tuesday 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Wednesday 11:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Wednesday 6:00 pm-8:30 pm for members only
- Friday 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Other hours by appointment. Please call during open hours to set up your time.
We occasionally close unexpectedly because of inclement weather or illness: When Grand Blanc schools are closed due to weather we will be closed. PLEASE CALL BEFORE COMING IF YOU ARE COMING A LONG DISTANCE.
2019 HOLIDAY SCHEDULE FOR CLOSING - April 19th, JULY 3rd Fourth of July; NOVEMBER 27th-30th Thanksgiving; DECEMBER 24TH - JANUARY 6th, 2020 Christmas/New Year
2020 HOLIDAY SCHEDULE FOR CLOSING- January 1-3 New Years, March 31 and April 1, 3 Spring Break, April 10 Good Friday, July 1-13 Summer Break, November 25-27 Thanksgiving, December 22-Jan 4 Christmas Break
Upcoming Events[edit | edit source]
Class Schedule[edit | edit source]
September 25 10-11am Beginning Indexing
October 9 10-11am Adding Photos, Documents, and Stories to your Family Tree (hands on, bring them with you)
October 23 10-11am Beginning Indexing
November 6 10-11am How to start your family tree (Must have a FamilySearch Account- with user name and password)
November 20 10-11am Adding Photos, Documents, and Stories to your Family Tree (hands on, bring them with you)
Staff Training Meetings[edit | edit source]
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has films and fiche that were previously ordered and made indefinite in our collection through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- We have a variety of books available to assist you in your research.
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- FHC Portal
- We provide FREE use of numerous family history research websites that normally require a subscription fee for access.
Hardware and Equipment.)[edit | edit source]
- 5 Desktop computers with Family Search internet access
- Lexmark Printer, Scanner, Copier
- A Microfiche reader
- 2 Microfilm Readers
- 1 Digital camera for copying microfilm/microfiche
- WiFi High Speed Internet access throughout the building
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Our staff is happy to help you with your questions and research problems. We are all volunteers, and love what we do.
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
Resources in the Local Area[edit | edit source]
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.
Links[edit | edit source]
Volunteer at the Center[edit | edit source]
We welcome volunteers from the community to serve in the Family History Center. It's a great way to help others and to learn by doing. You need not be an expert. Ability to use a computer and willingness to become familiar with the FamilySearch website and resources are key. Please call and leave your information. Our volunteers generally have 2 - 4 hour shifts.