Gouldsboro, Hancock County, Maine Genealogy
Gouldsboro, also known as Goldsboro, is a town and former plantation in southeast Hancock County. It was first organized from Township Number 3, East of the Union River Livermore Survey (T3 EUR LS) as a plantation prior to 1789. That year the plantation was incorporated as a town. The part of Plantation Number 7 SD called West Bay Stream was annexed in 1845; and part of that plantation called the Sowle Tract was annexed in 1870. The spelling was changed to Gouldsboro in 1887. Gouldsboro land was set off to Winter Harbor in 1895. More Number 7 SD land was annexed to Gouldsboro in 1905.
Libraries and Historical Societies
- Gouldsboro, Hancock County, Maine in Maine Genealogy (accessed 12 November 2013).