Goldsboro North Carolina Family History Center
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Class Schedule
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Local Resources
- 5.1 Resources Outside Local Area
- 5.2 Links
- 5.3 Other Family History and Library Centers and Resources
- 5.4 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- 1000 E 11th St Goldsboro NC 27530 United States (physical address only, not mailing address)
- Monday: 10:00am-4:30pm
- Tuesday: 2:00pm-9:00pm
- Wednesday: 2:00pm-9:00pm
- Thursday: 2:00pm-9:00pm
- Friday and Saturday: By appointment only
December 18 - Jan 1, 2018
Closed for inclement weather when Wayne County Schools are closed.
More upcoming classes to be announced soon.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 12 Computers
- 3 milcrofilm readers
- 1 microfiche reader
- 2 flatbed scanners
- 2 laser printers
- 1 copy/scan/fax all in one printer
Staff Research Specialties
Wayne County Public Library
1001 East Ash Street Goldsboro, NC 27530
Old Waynesborough Park
Hwy 117 South near Elm St Intersection (across from National Guard Armory) Goldsboro, NC 27530
Wayne County Museum
116 N. William St. Goldsboro, NC 27530
Erwin Library Wayne Community College
3000 Wayne Memorial Drive Goldsboro, NC 27533
North Carolina Cotton Museum
101 W. School Street Pikeville, NC 27863
Charles B. Aycock Birthplace
264 Gov Aycock Road Fremont, NC 27830
Fremont Heritage Museum
Main Street Fremont, NC 27830
David John Aaron Teaching and History Museum
137 E. Main Street Mt Olive, NC 28365
Johnston Couny Heritage Museum
241 Market Street Smithfield, NC 27577
Resources Outside Local Area
Other Family History and Library Centers and Resources
- Find A Grave
- BYU Center for Family History and Genealogy
- BYU Family History Library
- Logan Utah Family History Center
- Mesa Arizona Family History Center
- Research WIKI
- Riverton Utah Family History Center
- Salt Lake City Family History Library
- Utah South Area Family History Training Center
Volunteer at the Center
Would you like to learn more about Family History? Those who serve always learn the most!
Family Search Blog
A terrific resource to keep up on what is going on and available in Family Search FamilySearch Blog
Let’s Get Acquainted with the Family Search Wiki (WIK-ee)
Family Search users don’t always think to look at this valuable tool because they aren’t sure what it is and how valuable it can be to our research efforts. So, in Family Search’s words: “The FamilySearch Wiki is not about finding the names of your ancestors. It is not, in fact, about finding people at all.
- The Wiki is about finding records that may have been generated about your ancestors and the places in which the records might be found<i>.</i>
*It is a vast record depository of the paper trail that people leave behind long after they are gone.
*The Wiki has records from the United States as well as from 244 countries.
*Here you will be able to find documents such as census records, marriage records, birth records and death records and much more.
*Probate documents are often very informative and may help you in your search. There is an extensive list of United States military records on the Wiki .”
Recently a friend in Illinois went into the FamilySearch Wiki and found phone numbers for the Surrogate Court in New York that held wills. She found six missing wills!
Take time to explore the opening page of this site there are tutuorials and examples and lots of help in learning the Wiki. Got stuck in your research? Look to the Wiki for help. How do I find the FamilySearch Wiki?
- Familysearch.org Search (drop down menu) Wiki
*(open FamilySearch.org and go to Search at top of page which will give you a dropdown menu and then click on Wiki)
*How to Use the Wiki -- Wiki_Help
*About the Wiki -- Find an ancestor using the wiki