Glyn Fach, Breconshire, Wales Genealogy
GLYNVÂCH (GLYN-BÂCH), a township, in the parish of Llanigon, union of Hay, hundred of Talgarth, county of Brecknock, South Wales, 7¾ miles (S. by E.) from Hay. This place, the name of which signifies "the little glen," forms the south-eastern part of the parish, and comprises a small valley among the Black Mountains of Talgarth, near the spot where the three counties of Brecknock, Hereford, and Monmouth unite. There is a chapel of ease here known as Capel y Vin.
Glyn Fach is a hamlet in LLANIGON, a parish in the hundred of Talgarth, county Brecon, 2 miles S. of Hay, its post town, and 5 N.E. of Talgarth. It is situated near the banks of the river Severn, and includes the hamlets of Glynfach and Twyny-Bedda. For more information see Llanigon, Breconshire at Genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Maps and Gazetteers
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1849), pp. 385-388. Adapted. Date accessed: 24 January 2014.