Glanogwen, Gwynedd Genealogy
Glanogwen was a chapelry in the parish of Llanllechid (q.v.).
In the 1870s: "GLANOGWEN, a chapelry in Llanllechid parish, Carnarvon; on the river Ogwen, under Carnedd-Davydd, 6 miles SSE of Bangor city and r. station. It was constituted in 1858; and its post town is Bethesda, under Bangor. Pop., 4, 264. Houses, 914. The property is not much divided. The living is a vicarage in the dio. of Bangor. Value, £111.* Patron, Lord Penrhyn. The church is very good." [Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, John Marius Wilson, 1870-72]
The location is that of Glanogwen church, in the middle of Bethesda which was the main settlement of the chapelry of Glanogwen.
For more information on Llanllechid see: Genuki -Llanllechid