Gibraltar Civil Registration
|Gibraltar Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Births, Death, Marriages and Military Records
- Wedding Certificates can be collected at the Civil Status Office, Secretarys Lane. Costs £7.00 and takes 3 days for collection.
- Birth certificates can also be collected at the Civil Status Office, Secretarys Lane.
- Divorce certificates need to be collected from the Supreme Court. At least three days notice is needed and the cost is £7.00.
CIVIL STATUS AND REGISTRATION OFFICE
REGISTRY OF BIRTHS, DEATHS AND MARRIAGES
JOSHUA HASSAN HOUSE
3 SECRETARY’S LANE
Telephone: (+350)20078303, Fax: (+350)200 42706
- The records for births, deaths and marriages held in the registry office only date back as far as the dates listed below.
BIRTHS 3rd October 1848 20th January 1887
DEATHS 1st January 1869 25th December 1912
MARRIAGES 10th April 1862 17th July 1902
- Searches can be conducted at the registry between 2.25pm – 5.00pm (Monday to Friday) between mid September and mid June. During the summer months searches can only be held between 1.15pm – 2.15pm.
- There is a fee of £18.00 for this service and searches need to be conducted by the individual(s) concerned.
- This fee covers two to three consecutive afternoon sessions on the search in question. This service would entitle you to look up our records in index card form and if necessary to look up entries in the relevant registers. Please give prior warning on intention to conduct search as we are only able to allow one at a time.
- Please call on telephone number +350 20078303 on the date in question to make arrangements.
Gibraltar Citizens Advice Bureau for information regarding the obtaining of Birth, Death, Marriage and Military records.