|Ghana Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Ghana is a country in Africa bordered by the Ivory Coast, Burkina Faso, and Togo. Parts of the country were formerly ruled by Portugal, The Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Germany, and Great Britain. The official language is English.
Getting Started with Ghana Research
Links to articles on getting started with Ghana research.
Ghana Research Tools
Links to articles and websites that assist in Ghana research.
Genealogy records are kept on the local level in Ghana.
Genealogy records are kept on the local level in Ghana. Regions:
Below are FamilySearch resources that can assist you in researching your family.
- Facebook Communities - Facebook groups discussing genealogy research
- Learning Center - Online genealogy courses
- Historical Records
- Family History Center locator map
- Ghana Oral Histories
- Wikipedia contributors, “Ghana,” in ‘’Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia,’’ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghana, accessed 29 April 2016.
- Video example of Oral History work in Ghana