Germany Deaths and Burials (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|Access the Records|
Germany Deaths and Burials, 1582-1958
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Flag of the German Empire, 1871-1917|
|Map of the German Empire, 1871-1917|
|Record Type||Deaths and Burials|
|Title in the Language:||Deutschland Todesfälle und Bestattungen|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Known Issues with This Collection
- 7 Citing This Collection
- 8 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?
This index is an electronic index for the years 1582 to 1958. This index is not complete for any particular place, region or time period. This collection may include information previously published in the International Genealogical Index.
What Can These Records Tell Me?
A Coverage Table for this collection is available in the wiki article Germany Deaths and Burials, Coverage Table (FamilySearch Historical Records)
How Do I Search This Collection?
Search the Index
How Do I Analyze the Results?
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?
- Whenever possible, view the original records to verify the information and to find additional information that might not be reported. These pieces of information can lead you to additional records and family members
I Found the Person I was Looking for, What Now?
- Use the age or estimated birth date to find vital records such as birth, baptism, and marriage records
- Search for an obituary or a cemetery record
- Search for the actual death certificate
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?
- Consult the Germany Record Finder to find other records*If your ancestor does not have a common name, collect entries for every person who has the same surname. This list can help you find possible relatives
- If you cannot locate your ancestor in the locality in which you believe they lived, then try searching a nearby locality
- Try different spellings of your ancestor’s name
- Remember that sometimes individuals went by nicknames or alternated between using first and middle names
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in Germany.
Known Issues with This Collection
For a full list of all known issues associated with this collection see the attached Wiki article. If you encounter additional problems, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the full path to the link and a description of the problem in your e-mail. Your assistance will help ensure that future reworks will be considered.
Citing This Collection
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
- Collection Citation
- "Deutschland Tote und Beerdigungen, 1582-1958." Database. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : 14 June 2016. Index based upon data collected by the Genealogical Society of Utah, Salt Lake City.
When looking at a record, the citation is found below the record.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.