Germany, Saxony-Anhalt, Halberstadt Kreisarchiv, Ahnenpäße (Ancestor Passports) (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|Access the Records|
Germany, Saxony-Anhalt, Halberstadt Kreisarchiv, Ahnenpäße (Ancestor Passports)
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Halberstadt, Saxony, Prussia, Germany|
|Flag of the German Empire, 1871-1917|
|Location of Halberstadt, Saxony, Prussia, Germany|
|Map of the German Empire, 1871-1917|
|Record Type||Ancestor Passports|
|Title in the Language:||Deutschland, Sachsen-Anhalt, Halberstadt Kreisarchiv, Ahnenpäße|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
- 7 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?
This collection contains images of Ahnenpäße, or ancestor passports. Basically, an ancestor passport was a declaration of pure Aryan lineage issued especially during the Nazi period in Germany.
Reading These Records
For help reading these German records see the following guides:
- German Language and Languages
- German Genealogical Word List
- Germany Handwriting
- FamilySearch Learning Center videos:
Browse This Collection
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Germany, Saxony-Anhalt, Halberstadt Kreisarchiv, Ahnenpäße (Ancestor Passports).|
What Can These Records Tell Me?
The following information may be found in these records:
Ahnenpäße / (Ancestor Passports)
- Full name of person
- Birthdate and place of person
- Names of parents
- Birthdates and places of parents
- Occupation of father
- Names of grandparents
- Birthdates and places of grandparents
- Occupations of grandfathers
How Do I Search This Collection?
Before searching, it is best to know the following information:
- Name of the person
- Date of the record
As you search, look for a record which matches this information.
View the Images
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page
- Select Record Type
- Select Name Range or Description to view the images
How Do I Analyze the Results?
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?
- Copy down all the information from the record
- Cite the record; see below for help citing this records in this collection
- Use the information to find the person in census or church records
I Can't Find Who I'm Looking For, What Now?
- Consult the Germany Record Finder to find other records
- When looking for an individual with a common name, look at all the search results before deciding which is the correct person. Use other information, such as place of birth, age, occupation, or names of parents, to help with this decision. If listed, a personal title may be a clue to property ownership or occupation, either of which might be noted in other records
- Try variations of given names and surnames. A person might have been listed under a middle name, nickname, or abbreviation of their given name
- Vary the search terms. For example, expand the date range or search by either the given name or surname to return a broader list search results
- Search the records of nearby locations. While a person in this period rarely ever lived more than about 20 miles from their place of birth, moves within this range were common
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in Germany.
Citing This Collection
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
- Collection Citation
- "Deutschland, Sachsen-Anhalt, Halberstadt Kreisarchiv, Ahnenpäße." Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : 18 May 2017. Citing Halberstadt Kreisarchiv, Sachsen-Anhalt (Halberstadt District Archives, Saxony-Anhalt).
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.