From FamilySearch Wiki
|Georgia Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
- Maps of Georgia from MapofUS.org. Includes boundary changes map.
- Newberry Library Atlas of Historical County Boundaries
- Blake, Janice Gayle, Pre-Nineteenth Century Maps in the Collection of the Georgia Surveyor General Department. (Atlanta, Georgia: Surveyor General Department, 1976.) At various libraries (WorldCat)
- Johnsen, Margaret A, Nineteenth Century Maps in the Collection of the Georgia Surveyor General Department. (Atlanta, Georgia: Surveyor General Department, 1981.) At various libraries (WorldCat)
Family History Library
The Family History Library has a series of modern maps from the Surveyor General office:
- Georgia Surveyor General, Surveyor-General's Maps and Maps of Counties of Georgia, Arranged in Alphabetical Order FHL films 465171-2
- Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division, Ward Maps of United States Cities FHL film 1377700, fiche 6016567
- James C. Bonner, Atlas for Georgia History (Milledgeville, Georgia: Georgia College Duplicating Department, 1969) At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL book 975.8 E7b
- Pat Bryant, Georgia Counties: Their Changing Boundaries, Second Edition, revised by Ingrid Shields (Atlanta, Georgia: State Printing Office, 1983) At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL 975.8 E3b Maps that show county formation.
- Printable maps are also available from the National Atlas of the United States
- United States Census Bureau State and County Map. This map will allow you to zoom in on any state or county in the United States and read the names of all of the neighboring counties.
- Modern city, county, and state maps can be purchased from
The Georgia Department of Transportation
Office of Transportation Data
5025 New Peachtree Road
Chamblee, Georgia 30341
Fax: (770) 986-1448