Georgia Compiled Genealogies
|Georgia Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
- The Germans of Colonial Georgia, 1733-1783, ($)
- GEDCOM Index Georgia, index
- North America, Family Histories, 1500-2000, index and images, ($).
Most archives, historical societies, and genealogical societies have special collections and indexes of genealogical value. These must usually be searched in person. Two outstanding manuscript collections of compiled genealogies for Georgia are:
Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) Genealogical Collection.
This collection consists of transcripts of Bible records, cemetery records, church records, marriages, deaths, obituaries, and wills. It was microfilmed in 1970 and 1971 at the DAR Library in Washington, D.C., and is available at the Family History Library, FHL film 848243 item 5 (first of 22). A smaller collection was filmed in 1938-1957 at Atlanta FHL films 006986-88. A third collection of alphabetically arranged compiled genealogies was filmed at Atlanta in 1962 FHL films 288404 (first of 10).
The Leon S. Hollingsworth Genealogical Card File.
This 45,000-card file indexes Georgia censuses, wills, deeds, tax records, marriages, military records, cemetery records, newspapers, and family Bibles. It was microfilmed at the R. J. Taylor, Jr., Foundation in Atlanta and is now at the Georgia Department of Archives and History and the Family History Library. This collection is listed in the FamilySearch Catalog under UNITED STATES - GENEALOGY FHL films 1528052-1528063 and FHL films 1322494-1322498 A list of the surnames mentioned in the collection and the number of cards for each name is Leon S. Hollingsworth, Genealogical Card File: An Introduction and Inventory (Atlanta, Georgia: R. J. Taylor, Jr., Foundation, 1979) FHL book 975 D2L.
- Huxford, Folks. Pioneers of Wiregrass Georgia. Nine Volumes. (Homerville, Georgia: F. Huxford, 1951-93.) At various libraries (WorldCat), FHL book 975.8 D3h
- Austin, Jeannette Holland. The Georgians: Genealogies of Pioneer Settlers. (Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company, 1984.) At various libraries), FHL book 975.8 D2ag
- Gnann, Pearl R. Georgia Salzburger and Allied Families. Revised. (Savannah, Georgia: Mrs. C. LeBey and Georgia Genealogical Reprints, 1970.) At various libraries, FHL book 975.8 D2g
- Candler, Allen D. The Revolutionary Records of the State of Georgia, Three Volumes. (Atlanta, Georgia: The Franklin-Turner Company, 1908.) At various libraries (WorldCat), FHL book 975.8 N2c Digital version available through FamilySearch Catalog entry.
This book has records from 1777-84 and is indexed. Contains early legislative minutes, petitions, papers of governors, sales of confiscated loyalist estates, assembly and council of safety journals, and executive council minutes.
- Candler, Allen D., et al. The Colonial Records of the State of Georgia, 1732-1784. 32 volumes. (Atlanta, Georgia: State Printers, 1904-89.) At various libraries (WorldCat), FHL Georgia, Politics and Government-Colonial period This has records of the Governor and Council, House of Assembly, correspondence, etc. There are every-name indexes beginning with volume four.
- Crozier, William Armstrong. A Key to Southern Pedigrees: Being a Comprehensive Guide to the Colonial Ancestry of Families in the States of Virginia, Maryland, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Kentucky, Tennessee, West Virginia and Alabama. 2nd ed. Baltimore: Southern Book Company, 1953. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online - free.
- AncestorHunt Georgia Genealogy
- Georgia Genealogical Society
- Georgia Genealogy
- Access Genealogy-Georgia Genealogy
- Genealinks-Georgia Genealogy
- Genealogy Inc-Georgia Genealogy
- Linkpendium-Georgia Genealogy