Frisco, Utah LDS Church Wards and Branches
Church Units and Boundaries as of 1941
Frisco, Utah LDS Church Wards and Branches:
Discontinued in 1911. While active, the congregation consisted of the mining towns of Frisco and Grampton. It was part of Beaver Stake.
Information about the wards and branches in this locality, including boundaries and creation dates of wards, can be found in the following book:
- Encyclopedic History of the Church. By Andrew Jenson. Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1941. Pages 269-70. Online at: BYU Books, From the list on the right side of the screen, click on the first letter of the locality, locate the page number listed in this citation. Also available through Ancestry - ($).
Stake: Beaver Stake, Utah
Obtain the Records
Records up to about 1948 are available, usually on microfilm.
- List of Church records. of Frisco, Utah LDS Church Wards and Branches in the FamilySearch Library.
- Check the Church History Library for additional records.
History Timeline to 1941
This timeline (arranged by year) includes events that affected records, record-keeping, and movements of Mormons in this area.
- ____ - 1911. The town depended upon the Horn Silver Mine, the terminus of a branch of the Los Angeles and Salt Lake Railroad.
- 1881, June 27. Organized as a branch.
- 1882, March. 36 people belonged to the branch. "It seems that this first branch organization was not continued...."
- 1897, April 25. Reorganized. They met alternately at the school house in Frisco and the hall at Grampton.
- 1905, January 22. Frisco was organized as a ward.
- 1911. The mines were closed and most of the saints moved away. Those that remained were transferred to Milford Ward.