French Polynesia Civil Registration
|French Polynesia Wiki Topics|
|French Polynesia Background|
|Local Research Resources|
- Iles Australes Civil Registration, 1886-1906, index.
- Iles Gambier, Civil Registration, 1886-1906, index.
- Iles Marquises, Civil Registration, 1843-1906, index.
- Iles Tuamotu Civil Registration, 1881-1906, index.
- Iles-Sous-le-Vent/Iles du Vent Civil Registration, 1898-1906, index.
- Windward Islands (Society Islands), Civil Registration, 1843-1906, index.
- 1780-1999 - French Polynesia, Civil Registration, 1780-1999 at FamilySearch — index
Research use: Uniquely identifies individuals and connects them to their parents.
Record type: Civil records of birth, marriage, and death.
General: Civil registration is the most complete source for genealogical purposes.
Time period: 1843-present.
Contents: Birth, marriage, and death records have the exact date of the event, including time of day for births; name of principal and parents; occupation and religious preference of parents; name of informant for births and names of witnesses for marriages; place of residence for parents of new born, of the groom and bride for marriages, and of the deceased for deaths; age at death, cause of death, and place of burial in death records.
Location: Local and national civil registry offices (some copies in France for French Polynesia)
Population coverage: 90% coverage of the population in the 20th century; less for earlier periods.
- The Family History Department of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, “Family History Record Profile: French Polynesia,” Word document, private files of the FamilySearch Content Strategy Team, 1987-2000.