Franklin Plantation is an extinct plantation, now part of Peru and Rumford. It was organized in 1842 from the east part of Plantation Number Two in Oxford County. Franklin Plantation set off land to Sumner in 1863. Franklin Plantation was annexed by Peru and Rumford in 1899 and the plantation ceased to exist. 
- ↑ Michael J. Leclerc, Genealogist's Handbook for New England Research, 5th ed. (Boston, Mass.: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2012), 153. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 974 D27g 2012.
- ↑ Maine Historical Records Survey Project, Division of Professional and Service Projects, Work Projects Administration, Counties, Cities, Towns, and Plantations of Maine: a Handbook of Incorporations, Dissolutions, and Boundary Changes (Portland, Maine: The Survey, 1940), 76 (digital p. 85). A digital version is available via a link in the FamilySearch Catalog.