Franklin North Carolina Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
- 33 Pine Ridge Rd Franklin NC 28734 United States
- Entrance to the Library is up the steps and through first door as you enter the parking lot.
- There is a sign by the library entrance to the building.
- If locked, there is a door bell for entrance.
- Center During Open Hours 1-828-369-8329 -- Director Home 828-524-3900
- Monday: By Appointment
- Tuesday:By Appointment
- Wednesday::9:00am-1:00pm also 3:00pm - 6:00pm
- Thursday:By Appointment
- We advise you call for an appointment, to assure someone will be on duty. 828-524-3900
Closed New Years: Easter: Memorial Day: Independence Day: Veterans Day: Thanksgiving and Christmas: Volunteer staff is absent periodically due to weather or illness:
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Upcoming Events[edit | edit source]
Class Schedule Wednesdays 3pm - 6pm[edit | edit source]
Staff Training Meetings: [edit | edit source]
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- Family History Center Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- Our library has 4 computers with Free Premium Web Site access. We have a lap top station as well as a Microfilm Reader and Microfiche Machine.
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
All staff well qualified to help you research your family history. Volunteer Indexing Training is also available.
Resources in the Local Area[edit | edit source]
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
Links[edit | edit source]
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center[edit | edit source]
We are currently looking for volunteers for a Monday, Tuesday and Saturday shift. Call Janet Anderson for more information.