France, Vienne, Census, 1876 - FamilySearch Historical Records
|Access the Records|
France, Vienne, Census, 1876
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Flag of the French Republic|
|Location of Vienne, France|
|Location of France|
|Title in the Language:||France, Vienne, recensement de la population, 1876|
|Les Archives Departementales de la Vienne|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 4 What Do I Do Next?
- 5 Citing This Collection
- 6 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?[edit | edit source]
This collection consist of a complete indexing of the population census for Vienne 1876.
Image Visibility[edit | edit source]
Whenever possible FamilySearch makes images and indexes available for all users. However, rights to view these data are limited by contract and subject to change. Because of this there may be limitations on where and how images and indexes are available or who can see them. Please be aware some collections consist only of partial information indexed from the records and do not contain any images.
For additional information about image restrictions see Restrictions for Viewing Images in FamilySearch Historical Record Collections.
Reading These Records[edit | edit source]
For help reading these French records see the following guides:
What Can These Records Tell Me?[edit | edit source]
The following information may be found in these records:
How Do I Search This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- Your ancestor's surname and first name
- Birth date or approximate age in the year 1876
Search the Index[edit | edit source]Search by name on the Collection Details Page.
- Fill in the search boxes in the Search Collection section with the information you know
- Click Search to show possible matches
How Do I Analyze the Results?[edit | edit source]
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Add any new information to your records
- If available, check the image for additional information
- Analyze the entry to see if it provides additional clues to find other records of the person or their family
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- The person may be recorded with an abbreviated or variant form of their name
- Try searching by surname only
- Standard spelling of names typically did not exist during the periods our ancestors lived in. Try variations of your ancestor’s name while searching the index or browsing through images.
Research Helps[edit | edit source]
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in France.
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at a record, the citation can be viewed by clicking the drop-down arrow next to Document Information.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?[edit | edit source]
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Historical Records/Guidelines for Articles.|